What's new
What's new

WTB: Citizen A/L/M

zSwiss

Aluminum
Deal fell through on a lead I had. Looking for an A20 w/ bar loader. Chip conveyor is unimportant to me, as is mist bust or HP coolant. Both are bonuses, but not critical to the deal. Chip conveyor is actually a negative though. Tooling, collets, GB's, etc are also unimportant but are bonuses.

I am working on securing financing and should have it in the next 45-60 days. Closer to Denver the better, but distance is also not a major concern.

Inspection under power is a must though, as is my ability to personally inspect it.

Willing to pay for quality un-abused kit, but I do know what a new one would cost.

I am open to other models (and possibly even brands), but total length of the machine has to be <273" (which is why the chip conveyor is a no-go).

Last edited:
Two car garage? That was my first shop size, but I turned it into the size of a three including a new door for $3500. Of course all my own labor and that was 1995. With the high price of lumber that would probably be a $15,000 job now. I had a friend who cut holes in the side of his garage to load bars.

Two car garage? That was my first shop size, but I turned it into the size of a three including a new door for $3500. Of course all my own labor and that was 1995. With the high price of lumber that would probably be a $15,000 job now. I had a friend who cut holes in the side of his garage to load bars.

Yes sir. No aesthetically pleasing way to extend the current garage, plus I learned on an A20 so am familiar with the controls.

Yes sir. No aesthetically pleasing way to extend the current garage, plus I learned on an A20 so am familiar with the controls.

Mine wasn't aesthetically pleasing either. I said size of a 3 car, but I added on to the front. I bought that house for the sole purpose of starting a shop. There were a few section 8 houses, a drug dealer across the street and people parking on their dead lawns. I would draw no attention there even though I laid low to be safe. I was fresh off a divorce and had no kids. I bought the place at a foreclosure auction. I actually turned a nice profit on that place. I sunk about $30k in it, all my own labor and after expenses sold it for $150k more than I paid for it. Nothing but getting lucky, buying at the bottom and selling close to the peak. I had not been following the market, but knew it was way up. I told the agent to price it for a quick sale, when he told me what he would list it for I though he was insane. It sold in two days.

I behaved like I was trying to lay low in a nice neighborhood, anything other than a UPS delivery I went and hauled it myself, even if it was inconvenient and I had a 100 mile round trip to pick up material or heat treating within a company's free delivery range. I only had one time where I panicked. There was a long gated driveway for houses on 6,000 square foot lot's. I had a customer show up unannounced. I never locked the gate if I was at home. It was just a neighborhood kid who heard I put bike chains back on and fixed flats on the house.

It was mid 90's and Dexter's Laboratory was a popular cartoon. The kid says "Wow, is this your secret laboratory?"
It took about a month before I stopped thinking I would get raided for running a drug lab.

Whatever you do, trust no one with your secret if you can help it, especially if you have a day job in the same field. Good luck with your venture, do you have a product or are you just going to job shop it?

Mine wasn't aesthetically pleasing either. I said size of a 3 car, but I added on to the front. I bought that house for the sole purpose of starting a shop. There were a few section 8 houses, a drug dealer across the street and people parking on their dead lawns. I would draw no attention there even though I laid low to be safe. I was fresh off a divorce and had no kids. I bought the place at a foreclosure auction. I actually turned a nice profit on that place. I sunk about $30k in it, all my own labor and after expenses sold it for $150k more than I paid for it. Nothing but getting lucky, buying at the bottom and selling close to the peak. I had not been following the market, but knew it was way up. I told the agent to price it for a quick sale, when he told me what he would list it for I though he was insane. It sold in two days.

I behaved like I was trying to lay low in a nice neighborhood, anything other than a UPS delivery I went and hauled it myself, even if it was inconvenient and I had a 100 mile round trip to pick up material or heat treating within a company's free delivery range. I only had one time where I panicked. There was a long gated driveway for houses on 6,000 square foot lot's. I had a customer show up unannounced. I never locked the gate if I was at home. It was just a neighborhood kid who heard I put bike chains back on and fixed flats on the house.

It was mid 90's and Dexter's Laboratory was a popular cartoon. The kid says "Wow, is this your secret laboratory?"
It took about a month before I stopped thinking I would get raided for running a drug lab.

Whatever you do, trust no one with your secret if you can help it, especially if you have a day job in the same field. Good luck with your venture, do you have a product or are you just going to job shop it?

On the same page. Live in a fairly nice neighborhood, but I still do not trust anyone.

Thanks, probably a mix of job shop and my own product(s).

On the same page. Live in a fairly nice neighborhood, but I still do not trust anyone.

Thanks, probably a mix of job shop and my own product(s).

Since an A20 isn't going to dim the street lights when it fires up, I think your only concern will be air compressor noise.

Bump, officially open to other machines. No length restrictions as I am renting some commercial space now.

Still prefer Citizen, no more than 20 years old, live tooling is a must, and would highly prefer 20mm+.

Would also prefer something that takes TF25 collets.

Last edited:

Back