What's new
What's new

WTB: Dividing head w/ plates near seattle wa

Blazemaster

Hot Rolled
This is one of those tools that keeps avoiding me at auctions, sales, etc. I would love to find one with all the plates, a chuck, and prefer it to be near seattle. I need it to cut some new gears, and recut some old repaired gears. Anyone have one laying around they never use?

This is one of those tools that keeps avoiding me at auctions, sales, etc. I would love to find one with all the plates, a chuck, and prefer it to be near seattle. I need it to cut some new gears, and recut some old repaired gears. Anyone have one laying around they never use?

Ebay has an assortment. The Chinese ones are fair. We modify the plates with new holes when we don't have the correct number of holes. A simple dro will make it easy to drill the holes once you calculate the number of holes. Seems like the last time I purchased one it was about $150. They come in handy for all kinds of projects and rotate vertical and horizontal.

Like HappyWyo I make the plates on my Jig Borer. Sometimes the plates just don't have the correct number needed but often I make them with the needed number just to make it easy. With all those holes it the plate it's easy to skip over the correct hole. I have one plate with only 3 holes, kinda hard to screw that up!

Still looking for one, I would prefer not to buy a chinese one. I can make the plates, but again I would prefer to find one with plates. Would also prefer a 40:1 but I am open to starting with whatever is out there. I know someone within 100 miles of olympia wa. has one of these they never use.

Back