What's new
What's new

WTB Dorian 8 station turret NVIT8, or similar.

SShep71

Hot Rolled
I know it's a long shot, but won't know unless I try. I am looking for a Dorian NVIT8 turret for my cnc lathe. Doesn't have to be Dorian, something similar would be worth a look. If you have something and are willing to part let me know.

That is a manual turret. I am looking for an automatic turret.

According to Dorian, the part you are looking for is a manual turret.

Years ago I ended up with a lot of several Emco CNC turrets. They were nice units, very small, but well made. They sold for $100 or so a piece. Might be something to look for.

Yeah, I noticed that I wrote down the wrong part number when I looked it up. What I need is a smartdex or powered turret. I wasn't able to change the thread title by the time I got logged back in that morning.

FWIW I had a Dorian Smartdex on a Milltronics lathe, was OEM from Milltronics. Was a real PITA, the position encoder was super finicky and needed adjustment fairly frequently, had to jack up the airline pressure in the shop to keep it locked in position or it would rotate out of position under load. Milltronics switched to Pragati, I understand that they are better.

I sent Pragati an email about the BTP 63 and 80 turrets. I was trying to find out if I can order direct, and what the cost is. I have ZERO faith in retail sellers at this point. I would rather go right to the factory.

Back