What's new
What's new

WTB K&T 2HL arbor support and parking attachment

Brodytonelotti

Aluminum
As the title says, I am looking for a parking attachment for a 2hl as well as an intermediate or style "b" arbor support. I have an extra style "a" arbor support I could trade for the other if anyone is in need of one. I'm also looking for an nmtb 40 1.25 arbor if anyone has an extra, with spacers would be a bonus.

Thank you,
Brody

I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't seen much offered up for the 2HL. I will say, I have a 2HL and a parking attachment. If you decide you want to make one, I can get you some dimensions.

As the title says, I am looking for a parking attachment for a 2hl as well as an intermediate or style "b" arbor support. I have an extra style "a" arbor support I could trade for the other if anyone is in need of one. I'm also looking for an nmtb 40 1.25 arbor if anyone has an extra, with spacers would be a bonus.

Thank you,
Brody
Interesting - my 1940 full line catalog says - "parking" bracket was only offered installed at the factory. See Bulletin 754-A

Interesting - my 1940 full line catalog says - "parking" bracket was only offered installed at the factory. See Bulletin 754-A
That would make sense. I don't have the threaded holes in the side of my machine like MyLilMule does on his. I didn't know if the 2hl used the style that hooks onto the overarm clamp studs at some point or not. If I end up building one that is probably the route I will go with my design.

I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't seen much offered up for the 2HL. I will say, I have a 2HL and a parking attachment. If you decide you want to make one, I can get you some dimensions.
Thank you. I may end up taking you up on that. I have a jib crane that I think will reach the mill where I put it at. i mainly want the parking attachment just to get the head off of the floor as space is at a premium in my shop. I've been watching you're youtube videos. Its come a long way. I see you're also in Ohio, what part are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you. I may end up taking you up on that. I have a jib crane that I think will reach the mill where I put it at. i mainly want the parking attachment just to get the head off of the floor as space is at a premium in my shop. I've been watching you're youtube videos. Its come a long way. I see you're also in Ohio, what part are you in if you dont mind me asking?
Lake County. I started a conversation (aka private message) to you this morning.

That would make sense. I don't have the threaded holes in the side of my machine like MyLilMule does on his. I didn't know if the 2hl used the style that hooks onto the overarm clamp studs at some point or not. If I end up building one that is probably the route I will go with my design.
The parking attachment on Keith Fenners 2hl is that style so evidently it must have changed at some point.

Dunno about a 2hl but my 2h plain did not have a parking attachment and I got one in a swap deal along with the std hi speed head that it parks... I put the parking attachment on my 2h plain and it now reads 2h universal lol... I made some special shoulder nuts to engage the overarm clamps and all seems to live well together now....Cheers from Louisiana.. Ramsay 1:)

If you end up building one this guy is one to follow. He knows all the tricks of the trade. At the least get some ideas from his design.
There is another video of a guy making a CNC version of Abom79's attachment. I like the original video the best.

Last edited:
If you end up building one this guy is one to follow. He knows all the tricks of the trade. At the least get some ideas from his design.
There is another video of a guy making a CNC version of Abom79's attachment. I like the original video the best.

Definitely a good series to watch. I watched all of them back when he was building it.

I have posted this suggestion before in reguards to K&T parking attachments.
At my Home shop I use a jib crane as I have several attachments for the K model as well as mounting heavy material onto the table. I have lifting eyes on all the attachments and it just makes it so easy to swap them out. I have several K models at my business and we use a jib there as well. If room space is a problem, build a little table alongside the mill and store your head there off the floor. punch some holes and store your arbors there as well along with supports etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 14
At my Home shop I use a jib crane as I have several attachments for the K model as well as mounting heavy material onto the table. I have lifting eyes on all the attachments and it just makes it so easy to swap them out. I have several K models at my business and we use a jib there as well. If room space is a problem, build a little table alongside the mill and store your head there off the floor. punch some holes and store your arbors there as well along with supports etc.
I have a small home shop. I wish I had the ceiling height for a jib crane. Where is machines are placed, currently at least, there's no real way to have one. I've considered swapping everything around, but that's almost completely impractical. I'd have to rewire almost eveything.

I like the fabricated riser under the K&T Model K.

Mike

I have a small home shop. I wish I had the ceiling height for a jib crane. Where is machines are placed, currently at least, there's no real way to have one. I've considered swapping everything around, but that's almost completely impractical. I'd have to rewire almost eveything.
You may have to use a small engine hoist if you have a good solid floor and room to maneuver the lift... I have three K&T machine with only one having a parking attachment but I have jib cranes overhead to remove/install vertical heads, dividing heads, rotabs, slotting attachment, etc...I don't think I could handle any of them by hand.. Cheers from Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

A jib crane is nice but for a home shop but I prefer a Big Joe with a boom extension. I have a pile of K&T attachments and I find it’s the easiest way to move around vices, attachments and material.

It was cheap ($400) picks up 1000lbs and perfect for just about anything you can think of. I move around and adjust the height of the arbor press, installing/removing lathe chucks moving around heavy tables, moving heavy material off the welding table…etc

You may have to use a small engine hoist if you have a good solid floor and room to maneuver the lift... I have three K&T machine with only one having a parking attachment but I have jib cranes overhead to remove/install vertical heads, dividing heads, rotabs, slotting attachment, etc...I don't think I could handle any of them by hand.. Cheers from Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)
I do, but it's still a pain. If I come across one of those nice hydraulic lift tables on CL or auction, I'm going to try and get it. They're pretty expensive to get ones that have a significant lift capability.

eoslift-lifting-equipment-tad35-64_600.jpg

The 2HL overarm is 2-7/8” and smaller than the 2H. A lot of the internal power parts are the same but the overarm and motor HP are different.
2h is 3 5/8 if memory serves.... I have both 2hl and 2h....I have an adapter for mounting a Bridgeport M head to my 2h and when I got the adapter from Ebay, it was 3 1/2 so I had to bore to fit the 2h overarm..... Cheers from Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

Back