What's new
What's new

WTB = Monarch 61 (13x54) 18.5" + swing accessories.

CDR243

Aluminum
I know it's a long shot, but figure it can not hurt to ask. Figure it will take a lifetime to get all the accessories for the machine.

- Monarch tool cabinet
- Ball turning Rest
- Sub Headstock
- Cross-feed stop
- Carriage stop: mic, dial, multiple
- Roller jaw steady rest
- Roller jaw follow rest

1669770652057.png

1669770642801.png
1669770617983.png

Last edited:
You need to post your location, so people know which part of the country you are from.
There is a used equipment dealer in Tomball, Texas that has all sorts of steady rests available. Some are Monarch, most are not. All of those items you have listed is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most do not or never have existed. Sub head headstock, I've only seen pictures of them over the years. Monarch probably did not build more than 10 in their entire history of lathe building, IDK. Just saying. As for steady rest, roller bearing ones, most of us replace the solid jaws with our home-made ones. Rather than wait for one, do what the rest of us do, find a donor one and adapt it to your lathe. Done this several times over the years. I've even built steady rests in years past.
I wish you luck on finding the things you are looking for, that stuff is just not out there for sale now days.

I could be wrong.

You need to post your location, so people know which part of the country you are from.
There is a used equipment dealer in Tomball, Texas that has all sorts of steady rests available. Some are Monarch, most are not. All of those items you have listed is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most do not or never have existed. Sub head headstock, I've only seen pictures of them over the years. Monarch probably did not build more than 10 in their entire history of lathe building, IDK. Just saying. As for steady rest, roller bearing ones, most of us replace the solid jaws with our home-made ones. Rather than wait for one, do what the rest of us do, find a donor one and adapt it to your lathe. Done this several times over the years. I've even built steady rests in years past.
I wish you luck on finding the things you are looking for, that stuff is just not out there for sale now days.

I could be wrong.
Sorry about the location, I thought that was on. Yeah, I figure most of it will likely never happen. Sadly much of it was probably scraped as someone didn't know what it was. I would like to have as many of the original parts as I can get. I'll make the urgent ones.

CDR, I believe i have that roller steady rest here----- unfortunately I'm in GA. Send a PM and we can discuss
Johnny

Last edited:

Back