What's new
What's new

WTB Moore #3 Jig Bore in the North East

marka12161

Stainless
I'm considering adding a Jig bore to to shop. I currently have a 2HP J Head Bridgeport which (except for the quill) is redundant to my Kempsmith Universal with the vertical head. I'm considering swapping out the Bridgeport for a #3 Moore Jig bore for precise hole location and boring. PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

FYI. These are no fun to move. At around 4000 lbs and being top heavy tipping over is very easy. You will need two 1 1/2 diameter rods around 4 foot long, a forklift or Large Skid steer. I keep all my equipment on 4x4x4 blocks and use a pallet jack to move things around. Moving the #3 is a little daunting. I suggest following the move every inch of the way with 2- 3 foot long 4 x 4's . One in front, one in back.

Wasn't there a SIP here recently someone wanted a new home for ? Roughly similar size ? Inexpensive ? Good shape ?

Otherwise, there might be a #3 cnc moore coming up near you ...
That SIP is/was here:

Road trip! LOL!
I actually found a local guy willing to drive my trailer down there to pick it up but by the time I pay for the gas, a hotel room for him and his time, it probably makes more sense for me to wait and see if I can find something within about a six hour drive. I'm sure this guy knows nothing about machine tools and I wouldn't trust him to strap it down properly without breaking something.

Keep in mind, these will must be loaded from the rear of the trailer. The round bars go through the base and you lift from the rear of the machine. There is about 3 inches between the bars and the floor.

Keep in mind, these will must be loaded from the rear of the trailer. The round bars go through the base and you lift from the rear of the machine. There is about 3 inches between the bars and the floor.
Thanks. I have a 10Klb equipment trailer with removable ramps. I've hauled quite a bit of machinery myself and I always give myself a couple hundred pounds of tongue weight. That means when loading with a fork truck from the rear, you need to plan on moving the machine toward the front of the trailer to get the tongue weight. That's why I always bring a tongue jack, a pry bar and some steel bar stock so I can move the machine prior to strapping it down. Another reason to do the haul myself and not pay the local guy. 13 hrs one way is just too far for me.

Back