What's new
What's new

WTB Pratt Burnerd collet chuck

Please pardon my ignorance, I have a 1.5 inch through hole, and a flat back plate per a professional lathe repairman (friend of family), the lathe is a vm210.

There are usually some Burnerd collet chucks and collets on eBay. They are usually not flat back. Most will be L (long taper) or D (camlock) integral mount, not meant to fit any other type spindle. Some D backs may be attached with screws to a flat back chuck, so you have to look closely at the pictures. Chuck KC15 for type EC collets holds up to 1.5 inch round stock. KC chucks use a key like a Jacobs chuck. There is also a lever type chuck, LC15 that requires some custom linkage and anchoring to adapt the lever pivot to the lathe. Chucks KC20 and LC20 take type ED collets that hold up to 2.0 inch round stock. Chucks KC25 and LC25 take type EE collets that hold up to 2.5 inch round stock.

Here is a KC15 with flat back and collet set in new condition, probably exactly what you asked for except maybe the price. They sold for more than that back in 1990 or so when they stopped making them.

Burnerd also made some smaller chucks and collets for 1.0 inch and smaller round stock.

Larry

Post a picture of the front of the spindle with no chuck in the way and we might be able to limit your search a little bit. Right now you're saying "I need a truck" without any qualifications.

L Vanice hit the nail on the head, still looking 1.5 inch through hole, and flat back. I appreciate any help, it is a gift for my dad.

I just found this thread...I have one with a bunch of the ED collets. I got it for a lathe I no longer have. It is virtually brand new. Collets are still in their original cardboard tubes. It is D1-6. PM if interested.

Back