What's new
What's new

WTB: Steady Rest for Milltronics ML-20 lathe 9 to 12" max capacity

Marhyd

Plastic
Looking for a 9 to 12" max capacity steady rest that can be adapted to a Milltronics ML-20 lathe. 21?" swing. Centerline height is 10.5", so I'd prefer a shorter or equal centerline so I can add to height + adjust sideways to center it (assuming original V is wrong). Could also modify a taller one depending on design. Distance from center of V to outside of opposite flat on my machine is 7.5" - probably will need modified as well.

Looking for a 9 to 12" max capacity steady rest that can be adapted to a Milltronics ML-20 lathe. 21?" swing. Centerline height is 10.5", so I'd prefer a shorter or equal centerline so I can add to height + adjust sideways to center it (assuming original V is wrong). Could also modify a taller one depending on design. Distance from center of V to outside of opposite flat on my machine is 7.5" - probably will need modified as well.

I have the steady rest in the pictures. N.O.S. made in South Korea.
The max capacity is very close to 9”.
$350 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 8
I have the steady rest in the pictures. N.O.S. made in South Korea.
The max capacity is very close to 9”.
$350 plus shipping.
Sounds/looks interesting. I know it's a little difficult to measure max capacity, but may I ask for more exact measurements? I ask because I have a 9" diameter job coming up, so it's not a good idea to get one that's slightly too small. Do the fingers retract flush with ring? If so, you probably could just measure the diameter straight across the split, and that would be very close to max capacity.
Would it sound correct that minimum capacity is somewhere around 2.5"?
What's the chance of finding exact replacement fingers with bearings?
Out of curiosity, do you know what brand/s it would have been made for? Probably something with a 16" swing? I think my Milltronics might be a Taiwanese casting, not sure. So may or may not be similar to a Korean one.

Back