What's new
What's new

WTB swiss made 12” calipers

Brodytonelotti

Aluminum
As the title states I am searching for a pair of nice Swiss made 12” dial calipers. Preferably NOS or used brown and sharpe or Etalon. If there was an option to buy new ones off the shelf I would but I have been able to locate any. Please let me know what you have. Not looking for beat up crunchy ones. I would like a nice clean crisp smooth pair of calipers.

Thank you,
Brody Tonelotti

Mike1974

Diamond
Just a thought, and personal opinion... Is this something you plan on using ALOT? If not I would go with cheapies. I have had mine for about 20 years and they are still accurate within .001" checking with gage blocks.

Brodytonelotti

Aluminum
Just a thought, and personal opinion... Is this something you plan on using ALOT? If not I would go with cheapies. I have had mine for about 20 years and they are still accurate within .001" checking with gage blocks.
They won’t be used a lot per say… probably at least once a week. I have a machine shop at home that I do side work out of and I have a pair of 12” mitutoyo dials there. I’d like to get a set of nice brown and sharpes to use in place of those and take the mitutoyos to work with me. I am a full time machinist and welder for a company that does robot integration… soon to be just a full time machinist, manual and cnc. The company has a set of 12” calipers I can use when I need to but I am tired of trying to track them down because there are multiple people that use them.