What's new
What's new

WTB: Wells 8M Parts

Peroni

Cast Iron
I did some trading for a Wells 8M saw and while functional it has several repaired and home made parts on it. If someone is parting out one of these saws I could use the following:

B90 roller guide brkt - need two
B78 vise ratchet
B116 ratchet dog
B135 coil spring
M29 switch trigger
M30 frame spring arm
M155 upper stud
M301 complete dashpot assy

All the M parts from a 5M saw will fit too, only the B parts are specific to an 8M.

Peroni

Cast Iron
Managed to get everything I need except for the motor. Well I did get a motor but UPS managed to vaporize it - lost without a trace. It's a Peerless around 1/2hp and the mount is part of the motor housing. Should have a 3 step pulley on it. Anyone got one laying around? Even if non functional or worn out?

Toolmaker51

Aluminum
Managed to get everything I need except for the motor. Well I did get a motor but UPS managed to vaporize it - lost without a trace. It's a Peerless around 1/2hp and the mount is part of the motor housing. Should have a 3 step pulley on it. Anyone got one laying around? Even if non functional or worn out?

Motors that mount on their end are called "C-frame", they are plentiful with choices of Hp and voltage requirements. Most, if not all, catalogs are searchable within those parameters, just add in your shaft dimensions. That'll give you an efficient search term for new or used.
Meanwhile, it's not unheard of to use a foot mount motor, and fabricated angle plate; effectively doubling supply of potential solutions. Only needs are RPM range. I doubt any one will object adding a small VFD, to achieve a narrow band of select FPM.