What's new
What's new

Wts darex m5 drill grinder

akajun

Hot Rolled
Darex m5 drill grinder. Is capable of grinding up to 1.25” drills however this one only comes with the 1/2” and under chuck. You can find used parts on eBay. Needs new retainer straps also on eBay or you can make them from plastic banding.
Also has the point splitter/ web thinner attachment. On factory stand.
Will ship but at your actual cost.
350$
Won’t let me add pics can e-mail or text upon request

metalmagpie

Titanium
.. this one only comes with the 1/2” and under chuck. You can find used parts on eBay.

The value in these machines is in the chucks. Crappy rusty nearly worthless chucks are going for like $500 on ebay. I suggest that everyone be very wary of such a deal. Fully tooled the M5 can sharpen drills from 1/8 to 1-1/8" but you have to have that tooling and it's simply not available any more.

metalmagpie

akajun

Hot Rolled
The value in these machines is in the chucks. Crappy rusty nearly worthless chucks are going for like $500 on ebay. I suggest that everyone be very wary of such a deal. Fully tooled the M5 can sharpen drills from 1/8 to 1-1/8" but you have to have that tooling and it's simply not available any more.

metalmagpie

Thanks for shitting on my add, much appreciated. Perhaps I can return the favor one day.
FYI Im up front what this machine has and doesn't have. This machine works fine and will continue to do so. I simply picked it up as a package deal and since I already have one, I'm selling this one and passing it on to someone who can use it.
FYI for those interested I paid well more than what Im asking for mine with only two chucks. While this one only has the small chuck, you can find the larger 1/2" to 3/4" one on ebay for a reasonable price if your patient.

Andy FitzGibbon

Diamond

metalmagpie
Be wary of what, exactly? If crappy chucks are going for $500 then this ought to be a deal at $350 for a whole machine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Froneck

Titanium
I have 3 Darex Drill grinders, purchased one new from Darex with all attachments except left hand drills. Got the other 2 at HGR but without chucks. Was cheap enough so I have spare parts. One didn't have the stand but managed to find one on ebay so now all grinders have stands and run great! Reason I got one was I've been grinding drills for my customer that wants 90° point angle and Neg. rake.In addition split pointed so I use 2 grinders, one set-up for split point the other Neg. rake. Plus a few of the same size drill were 135° point with same end design. I have purchase a few work lights for them because one is not good enough, keep moving it from one side to the other so now I have 2 work lights on the the grinders. The other 1 simply sits as a spare. When I get some time I will put the big drill attachment on it, the device used to set the drill in the chuck is not very good so I plan to make another but don't do many large drills in a drill grinder, do them by hand!
Not seeing the photos of the grinder or chuck I can't comment on their condition but will say the chucks are hard to find and sell on ebay for quite a bit! Someone did have the LH drill attachment on ebay but wanted more for it than I paid for the New grinder will all the attachments!!

Froneck

Titanium
Just a note; I'm always looking for more Darex drill chucks. So I look on ebay often for them. Have 3 grinders so a few more chucks be nice to have. There are 2 sales for them, one is a pair and other single item. They are JUNK! Don't think of adding these to the Grinder available here to increase capacity you will be buying junk! If I were to consider buying them it would be less than the listed shipping charge! Can't grind a drill correctly with a bad chuck!! Maybe I can get a few parts form them but I will not pay the shipping charge if he offered them at no cost! I have not seen photos of the grinder listed here so will make no judgement buy it if you wish but stay away from those chucks on ebay as on now, others might become available later.