What's new
What's new

Y-xis value in diameter-Fusion 360

VLa

Plastic
Another Fusion 360 Question, My Lathe's Y axis value is in Diameter( like X-axis value). When I post using st10Y/DoosanMillTurn Fanuc oi, I get Y axis value radius, which means it post half value than what i need. I spent quiet a few days trying to figure it out but i giving it up now. I don't know Is it post processor or machine setup. is there a way to change that value? can anybody help, please??
Thanks in advance,

Another Fusion 360 Question, My Lathe's Y axis value is in Diameter( like X-axis value). When I post using st10Y/DoosanMillTurn Fanuc oi, I get Y axis value radius, which means it post half value than what i need. I spent quiet a few days trying to figure it out but i giving it up now. I don't know Is it post processor or machine setup. is there a way to change that value? can anybody help, please??
Thanks in advance,
VLa,

Two possibilities come to mind:

If you open up the Haas post in a text editor and go to line 485 you will see that the X output is formatted as Scale:2 (and the comment says diameter mode and so forth). It may simply be necessary to add the same scaling factor to the yformat for Y values in order to post as diameter values. If you look at the Doosan post, you will find the same info for xformat regarding the scale factor (I just didn't note the line number), and may only need to add the scale factor to the yformat if you use that post instead.

Other possibility is a parameter in the controller that determines whether Y values are interpreted as radius or diameter. Have little experience with Fanuc or Haas so you'll need to check the parameter reference to see if such parameter exists.

Fred

VLa,

Two possibilities come to mind:

If you open up the Haas post in a text editor and go to line 485 you will see that the X output is formatted as Scale:2 (and the comment says diameter mode and so forth). It may simply be necessary to add the same scaling factor to the yformat for Y values in order to post as diameter values. If you look at the Doosan post, you will find the same info for xformat regarding the scale factor (I just didn't note the line number), and may only need to add the scale factor to the yformat if you use that post instead.

Other possibility is a parameter in the controller that determines whether Y values are interpreted as radius or diameter. Have little experience with Fanuc or Haas so you'll need to check the parameter reference to see if such parameter exists.

Fred
Hi, Fred
Thank you sooooooo much. It fixed now.😃

Exact machine and control?

Diametric Y is very much an oddity, if you can change that at the machine I'd do it there.
Thanks for your input Greg, I'll look into parameter as well for my future options. it's Ganesh cyclone32 cs and I'm not sure the control. It said Syntec... on manual, i don't know is that the control. all mitsubishi servos/drives.

Back