What's new
What's new

Yang CNC lathe Fanuc 0T Alarms

Khan10

Plastic
I have recently accquired a Yang MLS25-A cnc lathe with a Fanuc OT / OTC controller. Everything works manually, spindles, turrets, X/Z/B axes.
I dont have experience with cnc machinery so had some advice on how to Zero Return/Home the machine first before executing any form of program

Well now there are alarms and no functions work.

400-Servo alarm- Overload
408-Servo alarm- Serial Not Ready
414-Servo alarm- X axis detect err
424-Servo alarm- Z axis detect err

I have been told there could be a fuse or a breaker blown, all are ok, no thermal overloads, turret is in the middle of travel so isnt stuck on end stops
Resetting by P+CAN isnt doing anything, its pretty much stuck now.

Somehow parameters got deleted too during the reset process so have done all that manually and still no change,

The Fanuc power supply module box at the back of the unit doesnt have any LED or lights on it, neither do the neighboring modules
The fan on the unit is running and there is power on the terminals.

Anyone else have any advice that can help with solving this

There is a breaker at the bottom of each drive. I have flipped the breaker off and back on to clear alarms.

Did the alarms show up when you tried to home the machine? If so, maybe stuck/non functioning limit switches.

What was the advice to home the machine?

I have a Slant Jr, with FANUC 0T and sometimes when powering up it gets an overload alarm. Apparently this is from an imbalance in the AC legs with the rotary converter. The machine has to be completely powered down and restarted.
Details of servo alarm are shown in diagnostic numbers 720-727.
408 - Spindle control unit is not ready for starting correctly when power is turned on. Pg640 FANUC Operator manual.
P->CAN resets the number of machined parts in POS function button
P and CAN at power On resets OT alarm.
Manual 6.3 No manual or automatic operation can be executed
On this one the Mode switch is set to Zero Return then the X or Z jog button is held until the carriage hits the travel switch and the zero light turns on. Then press the Index button and the tool carriage turns around to tool #1.

There is a breaker at the bottom of each drive. I have flipped the breaker off and back on to clear alarms.

Did the alarms show up when you tried to home the machine? If so, maybe stuck/non functioning limit switches.

What was the advice to home the machine?
I have done that, have rechecked fuses too. the small fuses on the big PCB as well. No change

I was advised by someone who had multiple machines with the same controller on how to home it. Switch to the home dial, then press the home button on the panel. that didn't work
so move it manually to ends of travel then back off then do the same procedure, didn't work
then told move to middle of travel then home it again, this time its "stuck" and isn't going anywhere. Cant even move or do anything else manually. Heaps of alarms as mentioned on screen

I have a Slant Jr, with FANUC 0T and sometimes when powering up it gets an overload alarm. Apparently this is from an imbalance in the AC legs with the rotary converter. The machine has to be completely powered down and restarted.
Details of servo alarm are shown in diagnostic numbers 720-727.
408 - Spindle control unit is not ready for starting correctly when power is turned on. Pg640 FANUC Operator manual.
P->CAN resets the number of machined parts in POS function button
P and CAN at power On resets OT alarm.
Manual 6.3 No manual or automatic operation can be executed
On this one the Mode switch is set to Zero Return then the X or Z jog button is held until the carriage hits the travel switch and the zero light turns on. Then press the Index button and the tool carriage turns around to tool #1.
I dont use a rotary phase converter, have direct 3phase. All voltages and earth are correct.
Ill recheck in the fanuc manual what you've mentioned. it came with the machine
Have done P+CAN during power on and that's not helping

Attachments

• 2936ae9d-d1e5-4474-93eb-34c743f7e9a0.jpg
    2936ae9d-d1e5-4474-93eb-34c743f7e9a0.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 4

Back