What's new
What's new

Yasnac lx3 dnc issue th parity error

JBCENG

Plastic
Hi Gys,

I have been sending programs o ad from my Kia NR20 with a Yasnac LX3 control for about 5 yeas happily.

After Christmas probably 2 weeks without the machine being on I have found that I can send programs from the machine to the PC no worries.

But when I try from the PC to the computer I get a TH PARITY ERROR!

I have tried a (known working) cable and that hasn't helped. Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Kitsyfluff

Plastic
First Question: How Long is your RS232 cable? if it's too long, the communication between the control and pc will fail, and you'll get parity errors. you want to keep it as short as possible, preferably only 3-4 ft at most. You also want to keep other electronics away from it, because any electrical interference will disturb the signals.

Second: have you ensured the pc and control are still using the same parity settings?

Third: check your program! it may have some data that isn't normally meant to transmitted over DNC. It may also have been saved in the wrong file format. Double check how that program was made and try again. For example, on the fadal at my shop, if the program isn't a .txt file, it'll parity error.