What's new
What's new

Yellow cap servo ...might be dead??

MwTech Inc

Titanium
Fanuc A06B-0651-b011 10m On a Koma rotary table made in 89

I get the 403 alarm and hcal on the drive.

Went thru all cables plugs , pulled servo apart, super clean, it can't have been used much at all. There was no trace of carbon, one q tip didn't even get dirty
wiping out brush holders.

Commutator looks new.......

Status right now.........machine will power up, no alarms.. X<Y<Z all home. A will not.

Diagnostic 35 does show a interlock issue but thats another battle....

Using Command I can unclamp brake, give it a G28 A120.( i did 120 cause I had manually rotated the thing to 0) input and the servo will start a move and in a 1/2 sec trip the drive and show Hcal./403

However if I pull the motor power cable off the servo case, no hcal alarn just tgls which is normal.....

With the condition of the servo I have trouble thinking its bad??

I don't have a megger to do the lines etc so maybe its possible still a wiring issue??

And what is the difference between a B011 and B012 other than 2000 m vs 2500M on the label??

This is the last thing on this ol girl I haven't been able to fix...yet.
Any input would be appreciated

Let me add something......someone spliced the 4 power wires in the cabinet with butt connectors, really????

Anyway i did make the proper soldered connections, wonder if they mixed up the lines???

I have a 6m connection book and the wiring is in there, but i'll need help to trace wires tomorrow.

Well.........

New status:

Verified all wiring from table to machine...all was OK

On startup everything comes on and the 4th just sits there UNTIL you just touch the gear on the servo( i have the gear case cover off)

the second you touch the gear its shuts down and gives 430/hcal.

So....finally took the pulse coder off the servo, brought the machine back up , did a quick m69 to take the brake off and ,the servo starts to run:willy_nilly:

Keeps right on going, table going round. so obviously no problem with the motor...

BUT soon as you lightly shake or just barely touch the encoder shaft, BAM, 403/hcal.

Now I found the encoder loose under the cap and i had taken the servo motor off the table, previous repair attempt, and had set it on the floor, wasn't until i picked
it back up heard a rattle and found it.

So its hard t to say how much banging around went on before me..

And while the table was running I checked diagnostics and I had my (1) in place on bit 4 :D:D

So am i to assume a bad coder???

My money would be on someone needed an encoder for X, Y or Z and stole it from the 4th to keep a machine running. They loosely re-assembled it knowing they'd need to fix it next time they needed the 4th.

If you need a working encoder message me the numbers and I'll see if I have a spare.

Nobody ever comes back and relates the solution.........

Turns out it was the velocity drive...I can only assume when the motor power wires were cut for whatever reason they mis-wired and messed up the drive.

So now my 38 year old Hitachi Seiki is fully 100% functional:cheers::cheers:

Thanks to all that answered questions.

Back