What's new
What's new

Your Opinion about a Shop for Sale

Not sure why you guys are so wound up in the location thing?

Is the value of the lot different if he is in one part of the country or another?
A machine shop even has value in North Dakota these days.

---------------
Think Snow Eh!
Ox

3 of the largest machining companies in Denmark are far from the nearest cities. They all started as very small shops and just grew and grew but never changed location.

Danfoss
Danfoss Group Global

Lego
LEGO.com Startside

Grundfos
Grundfos | The full range supplier of pumps and pump solutions *

"Far" is relative in Denmark but it's to be understood that location wasn't given any consideration when they started :)

A couple of others worth mentioning and "out in the country" are:

Velux
Our company | VELUX

Vestas
Vestas | Home!

Interesting too is that they are all just about as far from Copenhagen as possible. All are located in Jutland, the area I live in LOL

Map of Denmark -The official website of Denmark

Jutland is the peninsula to the left connected to Germany. All other parts are on islands.

I was interested in the location as I know of someone who is going to the States for a conference and some vacation time .
I would have asked him to drop by if the shop was close to where he was going to be .

Also to those who say its worth nothing , that would depend on what type of work you had planned , in some areas manual gear will beat CNC and the old mills can be set up and left run while you do something else.

Michael

65 to 85k depending if work came with it and the condition of the machines and equipment.

Speaking of work coming with it, I'm gonna put my shop and product line up for sale in the beginning of next year. It could be a turn-key setup with the real estate, which would be good for someone who wanted to live in FL.

I was hoping to put this in the PM Classified section, but they have no category for it.

Back