EMUGE-FRANKEN USA, GROB Systems and OPEN MIND Technologies Team Up To Hold Mold & Die Workshop on July 20th in West Boylston, MA
West Boylston, MA – EMUGE-FRANKEN USA, GROB Systems, Inc. and OPEN MIND Technologies announced the companies are jointly holding a complimentary Mold & Die Workshop on July 20th, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET at the EMUGE Technology Center in West Boylston, MA. The workshop will cover via live machining demonstrations how to optimize mold and die accuracy by combining advanced tooling, machining and CAM technologies. Attendees will learn how OPEN MIND’s hyperMILL® CAM software machining strategies will maximize programming for EMUGE-FRANKEN tooling on a GROB G550a 5-Axis CNC machining center. Manufacturing professionals are welcome and encouraged to attend by registering here.
Key workshop topics and demonstrations will include:
- Achieving high quality surface finishes with hyperMILL’s high precision surface mode by machining directly to the surface instead of an “approximated mesh”, and applying the CAM software’s smooth overlap capability which minimizes witness marks at the blending of adjoining part features.
- Utilizing the GROB G550a 5-Axis capabilities to properly orient and consistently maintain the EMUGE-FRANKEN Multi-Cut Duplex End Mill in the cut, while extending tool life.
- Maximizing the efficiency of the machining process with hyperMILL’s auto-indexing function to automatically generate multiple 3+2 segments as an alternative to 5-Axis.
- How to use shorter, smaller diameter tools for more aggressive machining by combining GROB’s rigid cross slide design and long Z-Axis stroke with hyperMILL’s 5-Axis rest machining strategy, and EMUGE’s rigid FPC toolholder.
- Optimizing the workflow within multiple application stages by using process probing strategies.
About the Companies
EMUGE-FRANKEN USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the 1,950 employee German company EMUGE-Werk Richard Glimpel GmbH & Co. KG (Lauf, Germany). EMUGE-FRANKEN USA offers end-user technical support through a network of in-the-field engineers and in-house product specialists, all with extensive tooling and application experience. Over 10,000 types of cutting tools and accessories are stocked in the company’s U.S. and Canadian Headquarters located in West Boylston, MA, U.S.A. The recently expanded 50,000+ sq. ft. facility includes a technology center with a machining and tooling demonstration showroom and classroom, tool manufacturing and coating, reconditioning, warehouse, sales, support, and administrative offices.
For over 90 years, GROB has been known worldwide for the development and manufacturing of machines and production lines. GROB has in its portfolio several universal 5-axis machining centers as well as a variety of automation solutions. The unique retractable spindle provides unmatched accessibility to the work piece, is the most rigid when extended to the workpiece, and even allows for upside-down machining which provides superior chip control. The Z-axis design also allows tool changes to happen outside of the work area which enables users to machine the largest part that fits in the machine regardless of tool length requirements. GROB is a family-owned company with global headquarters located near Munich, Germany and has full manufacturing capabilities in the United States, Germany, Brazil, China, and Italy. More than 750 employees at the 400,000 square foot U.S.A. facility in Bluffton, Ohio support GROB customers across North America.
Headquartered in Wessling, Germany with the U.S.A. location in Boston, MA, OPEN MIND is one of the world’s leading developers of powerful CAM solutions for machine and controller-independent programming. The company develops optimized CAM solutions that include many innovative features unavailable elsewhere, to deliver significantly higher performance in both programming and machining. Strategies such as 2.5D, 3D, as well as 5-axis milling, mill/ turning, and machining operations like HSC and HPC, are efficiently designed into the hyperMILL® CAM system, providing maximum user benefit and compatibility with all current CAD solutions and extensive programming automation. OPEN MIND strives to be the best, most innovative CAD/ CAM developer in the world, and has earned the top five ranking in the CAD/ CAM industry according to the 2021 NC Market Analysis Report by CIMdata. OPEN MIND CAD/ CAM solutions meet and exceed the requirements of the most demanding industries such as automotive, tool and mold manufacturing, production machining, medical, job shops, energy and aerospace industries, and is represented in all key markets of Asia, Europe and the Americas. OPEN MIND is a Mensch und Maschine Company.