What's new
What's new

Rebuilding / Scraping Seminar in Texas spring 2015

swatkins

Titanium
A few days ago I noticed a post by Richard King. "I am really looking forward to teaching another class. I will be retiring I think with-in 5 years."

That remark got my attention! :eek:

I have always wanted to attend a class and after talking with Richard I have decided to host a Spring 2015 class. In the last year I've had a number of friends pass away and that has really focused my attention on getting the important things done! Richard King's Scraping Class is on my important list :)

Richard has time for a class in late April / early May. It will be a 3 days class starting on a Friday and ending on Sunday. Richard has promised to cover machine rebuilding in addition to scraping. Richard will be bringing many hand and power scrapers so those of us with no tooling can use his for the class. I also have two mills that Richard can use to show us the art of machine inspection and troubleshooting.

I have space for about 10 people to work and can probably squeeze a few more in if needed. My shop is on our 25 acre farm located outside of Houston in the beautiful rolling hills of Whitehall Texas. Two reasonably priced hotels are about 15 minutes away and there are a number of nice Bed and Breakfasts in the area. I also have a large area where 3 RV's could be parked and hooked up to electricity.

From my shop the towns of College Station/ Bryan, Houston, Conroe and Brenham are all 40 minutes away. Austin is 2.5 hours and Dallas / Fort Worth is about 4.5 hours. College Station has a regional airport that is very easy to fly into ( I prefer it!) but Houston Intercontinental is also relatively close.

I will be the contact person for this class and will be happy to help in anyway. Please PM for my phone number and email address.

Sounds interesting.

I've always wanted to learn something about scrapping.

Don't know if I could actually attend though. I don't know what I'm doing,this weekend much less months from now....

Sounds interesting.

I've always wanted to learn something about scrapping.

Don't know if I could actually attend though. I don't know what I'm doing,this weekend much less months from now....

Show me ANYONE in the Great State of Texas that could benefit more from a rebuilding and scraping class than you could and I'll eat a carbide 3/4" end mill. :D Just think how proud you will be after scraping and truing your next 54 foot lathe bed.

Seriously though, sometimes you just have to make time for events that may not be around much longer...

Well I'll be damn!

I always wanted to attend a class myself but they were always up north, too far from us down in TX. Now I'm not in Houston anymore :cryin:.

Good luck on the seminar, maybe I should start looking for a spring break lol.

MMtz

I have been attempting to make one of these classes for the last 3 years and they keep shifting my schedule at work for some project that needs done at the last minute and I have had to cancel out every time. Next year, I am going to request vacation and not budge on it.

Count me in for the class. I will stay extra days if Richard is up for that option.

PM sent.

It looks like I will be going over to Europe in April and it's a real great opportunity for me to teach, so we will need to think about the middle of May and not April. I know it will be hotter in Texas then. I know we don't have a date set yet, so I hope it won't be an inconvenience for you potential students.
Rich

Date of the Class is Set! May 15, 2015

Ok Guys we have a date! Class will start Friday morning, May 15, 2015.

Everyone that is interested please PM me with your email so that I can keep you informed. I will be the contact person for this class so if you would like to attend please contact me. Class costs and payment schedule will be send via by email.

If you have any special needs please let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Look forward to meeting a lot of new friends :)
Steve

If you are on the following list I have your address and there is not need to resend me the information.
  • BGL
  • 11 bRAVO

I just deleted an earlier post that had been a mistake. I will be working in Germany in April and in a letter I received yesterday they made a mistake in the dates and it was in May and not April. . So there is no issue about the date above. I will be teaching the Houston class. Steve told me via email he has 5 who have committed to coming.

I have will probably drive down stopping at the cabin and go fishing I will bring the same equipment I always bring to the classes. Sorry for the confusion. Rich

I just deleted an earlier post that had been a mistake. I will be working in Germany in April and in a letter I received yesterday they made a mistake in the dates and it was in May and not April. . So there is no issue about the date above. I will be teaching the Houston class. Steve told me via email he has 5 who have committed to coming.

I have will probably drive down stopping at the cabin and go fishing I will bring the same equipment I always bring to the classes. Sorry for the confusion. Rich

That is fine Richard but now how do we get 5 hearts re-started....:)

Charles

Class Information

Tonight Richard approved an email with details and information for the class. I "think" I have sent the information, via email, to everyone that has requested it so far. IF you did not receive the email please PM me with your email address.

So far I have 8 people ask for information and 6 have said they are in for sure. To have this class "Make" we all need to commit as soon as possible.

Jeeze... The last time I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for a class to " Make" was 20 years ago when I was going to Paramedic school.... Guess some things never change ;)

Back