What's new
What's new

...Photo...Reavell and Company...Ipswich England...

Sami- I don't know where to reference it but "The History of engineering, Ipswich ,1950 ed.has a good bit about the compressors they made in the early days going all over (inc.US) for air blast diesels. I read somewhere that was one of the reasons that Diesel built his factory in Ipswich. Some foreign outfit put these in ,early '30s presumView attachment 194728

Yes They built very fine compressors & also enclosed forced lubricated steam engines also, I am also of the conclusion the first lathe in the line is a John Lang & sons of Johnstone Scotland.
I think the engines were something of a joint venture with Lawrence-Scott of Norwich? I believe (some) at least were known as "Scott" engines.
A man used to call and see me know and then who had been at Ipswich for years, he finished up there purchasing dept.I remember him saying he was astonished one day to get an order request from above- they needed a new planer, go and see shop manager to sort specs but it was to be a Stirk.....friends in the right place no doubt!

Back