What's new
What's new

Looking for CNC Machine shop business to buy

Vlad Harut

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing great.
I am looking for a small machine shop to buy.
Must have few good machinists, that are willing to stay.
Something within 50 miles radius from Fair Lawn NJ.
I am looking for a shop that is established, has established customer base.
If someone wants to retire and wants to sell I am willing to talk.
Please note, I am looking for a business to buy, not machinery.
I can afford up to 500K.

Even if you know a shop that owner may be interested, please send me the name.
I will contact the owner myself.

Thank you everyone, any help is appreciated.

Hi
I know that I am very far away from your country but let you know that I am selling Escomatic NM 640 CNC Machine. May be in future you need that. Good Luck for your Business.

Ok, so let me get this straight. You want to buy a company, their established customer base and wait for it.........."a few good machinists that are willing to stay". How is a business owner that just dumped his company to a complete stranger, who knows nothing about the established customers or employees, supposed to tell you straight faced that the employees will stick together with you?

Ok, so let me get this straight. You want to buy a company, their established customer base and wait for it.........."a few good machinists that are willing to stay". How is a business owner that just dumped his company to a complete stranger, who knows nothing about the established customers or employees, supposed to tell you straight faced that the employees will stick together with you?

I dont know if you have ever purchased a business before or sold one, but that is how businesses are sold or merged.
If you don's have any useful or constructive information to give, please don't comment.
I am not here to argue or prove my point. Take it somewhere else.
Thank you.

I dont know if you have ever purchased a business before or sold one, but that is how businesses are sold or merged.
If you don's have any useful or constructive information to give, please don't comment.
I am not here to argue or prove my point. Take it somewhere else.
Thank you.

Hold on one minute:

How big of a business do you expect for $500k ?
What sized parts/machinery/capability ?
What volumes ?
Or a low volume, reverse engineering type shop (repair parts for obsolete equip)

Your line "I don't want to buy the machinery" is a bit odd.
To clarify it, do you mean "I am not looking to buy just machinery ?"
Or "I have all the machinery I need already, I want to buy just the customer base,
any products, and the knowledge ?"

You left it as a wide open question, need to firm things up on
what you want.

Good question,
1. I meant "I am not looking to buy just machinery"
2. I am looking for a shop with 2 to 5 machinist, not counting the owners.
3. There are no specific requirements about volumes, capability.

If you have anything specific in mind, please PM me your number.
We can discuss further over the phone.

Well if you search businesses for sell you will see.
The shop may have a revenue of 5 machinists with $52k a year salary ($25/hr).
Sales $400k - 260k(labor) - 120k(rent + material + other)= owner takes home 20k.
How much will you pay for a shop like that?

I dont mean to be rude, but please, unless you have a shop for sale around NJ area or know someone who wants to sell dont write!!!

Well if you search businesses for sell you will see.
The shop may have a revenue of 5 machinists with $52k a year salary ($25/hr).
Sales $400k - 260k(labor) - 120k(rent + material + other)= owner takes home 20k.
How much will you pay for a shop like that?

I dont mean to be rude, but please, unless you have a shop for sale around NJ area or know someone who wants to sell dont write!!!

You are rude, you're full of shit, so go ^%#$% yourself.

I'll sell you a taco truck staffed by between 2 and 5 former machinists. Extensive client catering list, exclusive proprietary menu and established lunch route.

*Sale does not include machinery*

Maybe it's just me but if I was offered the option to buy a shop that had 5 machinists and was only pulling 400k/year in sales, I'd walk the other way. They're barely covering their own wages at that point. Even less so when you add in benefits.

And if you plan to buy into that situation and change it, don't expect quick results...

Is this a cash deal or are you hoping for the owner to carry the paper? If you're looking for the owner to finance then if I were the owner I'd show you the door. Cash? Welcome, c'mon in.

Is this a cash deal or are you hoping for the owner to carry the paper? If you're looking for the owner to finance then if I were the owner I'd show you the door. Cash? Welcome, c'mon in.
Let's check my logic.

Assume an optimistic ROI of 2yrs, $250,000/yr. 2 Hands will probably run you 80k/ea plus building/utilities/etc @ $5000/month, so what tooling would one have to generate 470k/yr revenue that they would sell for 500k?

Back