What's new
What's new

New (Machine) in my workshop

I think same engine used in some 4wd Kirivitz tractors imported to Canada but not 1200 hp. I worked on an ag project in Kazakstan that had one of those tractors it was using about 10 liters of oil in 10 hours. Guys on the farm said the "good" ones were put in tanks and the rejects went to the tractor factory.
Bob

They have sat in a Russian torpedo boat X3. They weigh about 1600 Kg and the gearbox weighs 400 Kg. They are all in aluminum 1200 horsepower and 4500 newton meters (I'm not sure) It has a dry sump 150 liters of oil It starts with air 64 bar

I have built transmissions and torque converters for engines that made 3000 horsepower and 2000 foot pounds of torque at 10000 rpm. This was for 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag racing and they didn't leave at near that power as I would take out 10- 12 degrees timing and 10 pounds boost at the starting line. And the car and driver weighed about 2200 pounds. I can't imagine what it takes to make a drivetrain hold up with that much weight and peak horsepower at such a low rpm.

Those V12 gensets (US built) that I posted about a few months ago are only 350 (?) HP and 1200 rpm.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back