What's new
What's new

Flip Flops

G00 Proto

Hot Rolled
I need to find a better brand of flip flops for my shop. The ones I wear to work every day either pick up chips in the sole, some wear out after a couple of months, some stink like a dead dog, others hurt my big toe. I'll tell you what, they all make you pretty careful moving heavy shit around.

I turn down stainless steel jobs in the summer, because the damn chips get in my flip flops.

This is one of the main reasons I work for myself... flip flops... bath robe... loud music... beer if I want it... big screen TVs at all machines playing what ever DVD I want. Downside is it's way late on a Saturday night and I have 6 more hours of run time before quitting time.

Anyhows... anyone got a great brand of flip flops, mine just blew out.

I'm not a fan of flip flops personally but to each his own. My wife is sold on Rainbow brand flip flops. She even bought me a pair. I don't wear them much but as far as flip flops go they are good stuff. The sole of the ones I have is fairly hard so they don't pick up a lot of chips, about as much as my other footwear. They aren't cheap but definitely quality.

I need to find a better brand of flip flops for my shop. The ones I wear to work every day either pick up chips in the sole, some wear out after a couple of months, some stink like a dead dog, others hurt my big toe. I'll tell you what, they all make you pretty careful moving heavy shit around.I turn down stainless steel jobs in the summer, because the damn chips get in my flip flops.This is one of the main reasons I work for myself... flip flops... bath robe... loud music... beer if I want it... big screen TVs at all machines playing what ever DVD I want. Downside is it's way late on a Saturday night and I have 6 more hours of run time before quitting time.Anyhows... anyone got a great brand of flip flops, mine just blew out.
Cant help you with the flip flop situation... i have a hard time finding #15's here in canuckistan...But Ill give you high fives on self employment. If you aint having some fun, its not worth doing!Cheers!

The only downside of the rainbows (or any other leather ones) is if you get them wet and leave in sun to dry out the leather on the top side shrinks and turns them into a bowl. Have a couple pairs of them and made that mistake once. If you could stand the hippie look standard birkenstocks are hard to beat for comfort. cork liners will form exactly to your feet.

I use Croc branded things which my daughter informs me are "scuffs" I would never wear those silly things with holes in them but I'm assured they're also very comfortable.
They are my do-all safety boots, I use them for machining, chainsawing, rock fishing etc.
The only drawback is when your feet are wet - the soles will grip the ground but your feet slide around. The sole has stopped some decent sized penetrations coming through, and they've lasted for quite a while.

Where I come from, they were always called Zorries. Anyway, I buy the cheap shit ones at Wallymart. When they get fucked up, I toss them out. I can't imagine wearing them in the shop though.

You don't wear them with sox on do you?

Some Good Ideas Here

There is no way in hell I am going all the way to Viet Nam to pick up a pair of flip flops made out of tires... that would be almost as bad as going to the damn Walmart. I swore off third world nations last time I had to fight an old lady for a seat on a plane to avoid a rapidly escalating civil war.

No flip flops with leather. If I am not making chips, I am usually in and out of a boat. For that matter, no shoes that retain water and make a constant squish squish every step for the next 3 hours after you get them wet. My last pair did that and it sounded like I was having sex with an unwilling octopus.

I like the idea of Birkenstocks, but I can't stand the smell of patchouli oil and I don't like to get hit on by other men.

Maybe I'll order a couple of sets from India. Somebody pointed out that they (not to racially stereotype) seem to wear them everyday. Plus the Indians I worked with were pretty damn good workers (not to racially stereotype).

And F-NO I don't wear them with socks... I'm even sure if I have a pair of socks. I'll check in November.

If you wear flip flops in a machine shop, it makes you happy and want to listen to Jimmy Buffet. You'll have plenty of time to listen to Jimmy while you are picking chips out of the bottom of your feet. Speaking of which, where's that damn salt shaker... I had it last night when I started this ill-advised post :)

Back