What's new
What's new

CAMplete

BRIAN.T

Cast Iron
We just scooped up our first 5 axis mill. Several people have recommended purchasing Camplete in addition to Mastercam. Anyone using camplete? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Well mastercam certainly does everything gibbs does. And people use camplete with Gibbs as well. It's my understanding that camplete isn't a cam system, but a post processor/verification/analytics add on to any cam system. The build flawless (so they say) posts virtual machines to run and debug your programs before getting to the machine.

Well mastercam certainly does everything gibbs does. And people use camplete with Gibbs as well. It's my understanding that camplete isn't a cam system, but a post processor/verification/analytics add on to any cam system. The build flawless (so they say) posts virtual machines to run and debug your programs before getting to the machine.

I used Camplete with Mastercam some years ago for a Robodrill equipped with a Nikken 5 axis trunnion. It works quite well, but needs ALOT of setup. From what I was told, Camplete is usually sold alongside the machine (or included in the pricing initially), was not aware you could purchase seperately?

We just scooped up our first 5 axis mill. Several people have recommended purchasing Camplete in addition to Mastercam. Anyone using camplete? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I've heard good things about Camplete, mainly that it's as good as Vericut,but cheaper.
No experience with it though.

Camplete isn't a cad/cam system. It's a verification software like Vericut.:rolleyes5:

I wouldn't say it is verification software, but I don't know the extent of what vericut will do either, so maybe that is a valid comparison. Camplete will take the output and optimize it, report shortest tools, etc AND it actually outputs the Gcode. It has other tools I'm sure, but that is my (limited) experience with it.

Excellent thanks! We are purchasing it with the machine, and according to our machine builder they work hand in hand with camplete, and already have proven posts and verification. So hopefully setup isn't an issue, when you were using it was it purchased with the machine and you still had a lot of setup? I definitely don't want to have to spend a month fucking with it for it to work. Thanks

I used Camplete with Mastercam some years ago for a Robodrill equipped with a Nikken 5 axis trunnion. It works quite well, but needs ALOT of setup. From what I was told, Camplete is usually sold alongside the machine (or included in the pricing initially), was not aware you could purchase seperately?

Sorry Mike, I didn't include you in my response. See previous post for questions. Thanks

That is a fantastic question. As far as I understand it, it creates the gcode, it replaces mastercams posts.

It doesn't replace the posts, it just does the work of the post. I haven't used it in about 5 years so not sure how much I remember, don't want to give you the wrong info... You output the nci file in Mastercam then import that into Camplete. then Camplete takes that data and outputs G code from it.

I wouldn't say it is verification software, but I don't know the extent of what vericut will do either, so maybe that is a valid comparison. Camplete will take the output and optimize it, report shortest tools, etc AND it actually outputs the Gcode. It has other tools I'm sure, but that is my (limited) experience with it.

You may be right, I was just going off of their website where they say "Post Processing/Verification/Optimization"

It doesn't replace the posts, it just does the work of the post. I haven't used it in about 5 years so not sure how much I remember, don't want to give you the wrong info... You output the nci file in Mastercam then import that into Camplete. then Camplete takes that data and outputs G code from it.

Is that to say you still need to develop a 3rd party post processor for mastercam on top of camplete?

You must be purchasing a Matsurra. They are big on CamPlete. Them, Mats, and MasterCam I've heard is a Fantastic combination

No a Mikron actually. A matsuura is a badass machine, but it would have put us at least 100k over budget. But the Mikron is a really awesome machine as well. I'm not disappointed at all.

Ncsimul has come a long way

Huh?

Back