What's new
What's new

Editing speed and feed on mazak quick turn 6

septooth

Plastic
Is it possible for someone to explain how to edit the speed and feed on a Mazak lathe. It is a Mazak Quick Turn 6 and being a HAAS guy, I am unfamiliar with Mazak control.

I guess you are using Mazatrol and not EIA/ISO since you feel unfamiliar with Mazak.
What control does your QT6 have Mazatrol T2, T32, T+ or even newer?

Here is the T2: (I think all are the same)
RV=rough cut speed
FV=fine cut speed
Feed=rough feed
SRF=fine feed (Some kind of surface numbers where higher number is slower, and on newer controls than T2 you can also select feed/turn)

Another feature that is good to know is that if you are not happy with your speed and feed and change them on the panel (%) during runtime and finds a speed and feed you are happy with you can press VFS and it will save it into the program.

Attachments

• Mazatrol.jpg
    Mazatrol.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 365
Speed is expressed in Surface Feet per Minute so you don't have to include the diameter of your tool position in calculating RPM, Feed is in inches/revolution. Sort of like 'chip thickness' per rev.

Most Mazak lathes are set up to change RPM with the cutting position of the turning tool, so rpm increases as you move toward center in the X axis.

Thank you guys, all the info helped alot. Now I'm interested in learning what VFC is and does. Will do some google searches and see what I can find. Feel free to explain VFC also if you get time.

Thank you guys, all the info helped alot. Now I'm interested in learning what VFC is and does. Will do some google searches and see what I can find. Feel free to explain VFC also if you get time.

If you are not happy with your speed and feed and change them on the panel (%) during runtime and finds a speed and feed you are happy with you can press VFC and it will save it into the program.

Back