What's new
What's new

VF2 Value

edge22

Aluminum
I am more of a Mazak guy but considering a used VF2 because I am not really seeing much on the market for Mazaks in that size range in decent condition.
What I have found is a 2014 VF2 with around 400hrs on it and has only done AL and plastic work. Its pretty basic chip auger and upgraded lighting about it. What would you Haas guys consider a decent value on this machine if it checked out?
Thanks for any suggestions.

I am more of a Mazak guy but considering a used VF2 because I am not really seeing much on the market for Mazaks in that size range in decent condition.
What I have found is a 2014 VF2 with around 400hrs on it and has only done AL and plastic work. Its pretty basic chip auger and upgraded lighting about it. What would you Haas guys consider a decent value on this machine if it checked out?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Need lots more details. Is it an SS machine? If not, gearbox? Side-mount? Control options? High speed machining? Memory? 4th? P-cool?

Sorry forgot some of what I know. Not a SS it does have a side mount tool changer wired and drives for a 4th that's it.

Need lots more details. Is it an SS machine? If not, gearbox? Side-mount? Control options? High speed machining? Memory? 4th? P-cool?

Sorry forgot some of what I know. Not a SS it does have a side mount tool changer wired and drives for a 4th that's it.

I’m thinking 30k max. It should be like new at 400 hrs. I would pass on it and find something with more options unless that’s exactly what you need. I would want probing and 10k spindle, HSM at the minimum. Not something you want to try and add down the way. HSM is easy to add but will cost $3000 bones. Try and get the guy before you to pay for it. This would be the last version of classic control 18.xxx with Sigma 5 servos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he has the machine way over priced. It is like new looking but from your guess and pricing it out on the Haas website looks like the machine could be bought new for high $50s.
Thanks for the education on the control. From my research I though it had the newer version control and servos guess I was wrong on that.

that was the last of the great control and it would be the sigma 5 motors .... it might be 8,100 RPM but I would still take a second look at it ... I wish I could find a second vf2ss set up with that control at a fair price.

Is that one of the controls that are no longer supported by the factory? His asking price was in the high 50s. I don't think I will look into this machine anymore with that in mind.

Is that one of the controls that are no longer supported by the factory? His asking price was in the high 50s. I don't think I will look into this machine anymore with that in mind.

That control is still safe. For now.........They fucked us once. I am sure its only a matter of time before they fuck us again.

Yeah if the asking price is high 50’s you need to move on. I just figured a new base VF2 at around $60k and cut that in half for a clean similarly configured used machine. Good clean late model haas machines are gonna fetch half of new easily. I refuse to pay more than that. But if you see the perfect machine some times you need to jump on it fast and pay a little more or you will loose it. If you look around long enough you can find a loaded Sigma 5 machine for 30-35k with under 2000 hrs. Despite what people say these machines still hold their value. EBay machines are usually going to sell really fast if they are nice and priced right. If they have been re-listed several times they are either over priced or just flat worn out or both. Remember machines come and go daily on EBAY and CL when they are priced right. Your not going to find them by looking once every 2 weeks. You need to have an automated key word search that alerts you to new listings and call fast. This goes for both EBay and CL. There are several decent used machinery dealers in southern CA. You might be surprised at their inventory. They have good connections and are often able to snap up nice late model trades. As people mentioned, unless you really know what your doing, try and stick with a machine that has the large color LCD.

Yeah if the asking price is high 50’s you need to move on. I just figured a new base VF2 at around $60k and cut that in half for a clean similarly configured used machine. Good clean late model haas machines are gonna fetch half of new easily. I refuse to pay more than that. But if you see the perfect machine some times you need to jump on it fast and pay a little more or you will loose it. If you look around long enough you can find a loaded Sigma 5 machine for 30-35k with under 2000 hrs. Despite what people say these machines still hold their value. EBay machines are usually going to sell really fast if they are nice and priced right. If they have been re-listed several times they are either over priced or just flat worn out or both. Remember machines come and go daily on EBAY and CL when they are priced right. Your not going to find them by looking once every 2 weeks. You need to have an automated key word search that alerts you to new listings and call fast. This goes for both EBay and CL. There are several decent used machinery dealers in southern CA. You might be surprised at their inventory. They have good connections and are often able to snap up nice late model trades. As people mentioned, unless you really know what your doing, try and stick with a machine that has the large color LCD.

sorry i'm new here, any more details on the sigma 5control? why is it better than newer controls? what years does it cover? thanks

Sigma 5 vs Sigma 1 is the type of Yaskawa servo Haas used for its motion control. Sigma 5 is supposedly more precise than Sigma 1.

Back