What's new
What's new

Mazatrol T Plus - subspindle/part catcher question

Gobo

Titanium
I wish to extend my part catcher when the subspindle is away from the home position. I am thinking there is a parameter change that will allow that, but cant find it.

I Don't have a T-Plus but on 640T it's R70 bit 5 "Parts Catcher B Axis Home Interlock" 0 is use 1 is not use.
So it needs to be 1

It's in the electrical manual might be the same parameter for T-Plus if you check the electrical manual.

I Don't have a T-Plus but on 640T it's R70 bit 5 "Parts Catcher B Axis Home Interlock" 0 is use 1 is not use.
So it needs to be 1

It's in the electrical manual might be the same parameter for T-Plus if you check the electrical manual.

This is the correct parameter in my SQT 200 MSY T-Plus book.

I have extended parts catcher moved sub into position (away from home), open chuck, home sub, retract parts catcher. Not the best, but it gets the part into the catcher.

I wish to extend my part catcher when the subspindle is away from the home position. I am thinking there is a parameter change that will allow that, but cant find it.

I have the same machine and there is a parameter to change.
I need to check my notes at work for the exact parameter.
I will check back to give you the exact info.

UpDate:
This is the correct parameter in my SQT 200 MSY T-Plus book.
I'm double checking my T-Plus SQT 15MS electrical manual.

Last edited:
Also my R70 00100010

book says
5 S, MS PARTS CATCHER B AXIS HOME INTERLOCK 0 USE 1 NOT USE
6 CARRIGE JOINT TYPE 0 1 VALID
7 SQT 300/350 SPEC. 0 1 SQT 300/350

Nothing listed for bit 0-4

I can't find a program where I extended part catcher then moved sub, but I am pretty sure I have done it. I have been wrong before though.

I just checked on our 1995 SQT 15 MSY. R70 all 0, part catcher will not work with B axis off home. R70 0010000 part catcher will extend with B not home, can not move B with parts catcher out. All done in manual mode.

I just checked on our 1995 SQT 15 MSY. R70 all 0, part catcher will not work with B axis off home. R70 0010000 part catcher will extend with B not home, can not move B with parts catcher out. All done in manual mode.
This is not a Y axis machine. Could that be what is screwing me?

I don't think so, the book for that machine lists bit 5 for S, MS Parts catcher - B axis home interlock.

This manual does give bits 1-4 as turret rotation interlock home, 1=X axis auto, 2=X axis manual, 3 and 4 are Z axis. I don't have any without Y axis to confirm though. Are you doing this in Mazatrol? If so try a manual process, all mine are not Mazatrol.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are still on the sub side (M300), if so try M302 before moving sub and part catcher

Back