What's new
What's new

Heidenhain Linear Encoders problem

ElectricMan35

Plastic
Good day to all.
i'm new to this forum and i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.
the question is:
i've adapted 2 linear encoders to a lathe in my work place, the encoder are Heidenhain LS803, one with 1520mm and another with 720mm.
the one with 1520mm had the light bulb busted, so i replaced with one similar, but now i don't have accurate or real measurement.
is it possible that the new light bulb is making this??
can, please, anyone help?
sorry for my english, but i'm from portugal.
thank you all.

T is correct....
Lamp must be aligned as well as have the correct filiment location and lumen output in order to provide the correct output by the solar cells.
This is precise work requiring either specialized test equipment , or at the very least an oscilloscope (dual trace) so you can see the output signals.

Suggest you send the scale to a reputable HH repair facility for cleaning and alignment if you don't have the test equipment.
Cheers Ross

The ND780 counter has a built-in feature that allows the user to check the encoders signal.

I don't know if it would be of some help for the bulb tweak in. May be worth a try if you have one around ?
Check the video below from 5:11 on :

Good day to all.
i'm sorry for the late amswer.
i've managed to fix the deviations in readings of the linear encoder. the light bulb was not in the right place.
thank you all for the answers.

i've managed to fix the deviations in readings of the linear encoder. the light bulb was not in the right place.
thank you all for the answers.

Even more interesting would be to know *HOW* you put it back in the right place...:D

Even more interesting would be to know *HOW* you put it back in the right place...:D
I successfully replaced a light in an Activ Deckel scale head once... but was so long ago I can’t remember how I did it ! All I remember is it wasn’t a new lamp but one I removed from a “junk” unit (broken glass scale)I happened to have.

In my experience a burned out scale lamp is a very rare occurance... of all the machines that have gone thru this shop that is the only dead lamp I recall

Back