What's new
What's new

McPond - Airbnb for Manufacturing Industry

rigved

Plastic
I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know about McPond.com - think of us as Airbnb for Machines.

So if you are lacking in machines to build things, you can use McPond to gain access to the machines you need. It's also great passive income if you have idle machines just sitting around collecting dust.

Overall, we believe it's a platform that will benefit the manufacturing industry to have this kind of symbiotic relationships and enhance social interaction within the industry.

Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.

McPond, our vision is to inspire companies and entrepreneurs who want to build things but can’t afford to buy or do not have the space for required machinery. At the same time assist manufacturers to utilize idle machines and earn incremental revenue.

Inspire manufacturing by being a part of our strong peer-to-peer manufacturing community that brings an opportunity for everyone.

Factory owners, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs—let's grow together!

For more information please visit www.mcpond.com or contact [email protected] or call (312) 761-4490

, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.

This sounds like what I've been doing for the last 15 years. Someone calls me to see if I have open time, I say yes, they give me work and my operator makes the part. Inspect, ship, repeat.

Never mind, I answered my own question. This new method allows me to skip the last three steps.

I am interested in following this thread to see what I am missing with this new way of marketing.

Seriously, who in their right mind would rent a piece of machine shop equipment to a complete stranger? It isn't like someone renting an engine hoist from a rental yard.

I'm guessing FK nailed it. Your time comes with the machine just like the Uber driver comes with the car.

So really no different than mfg.com.

I too am interested to hear how McPond takes a simple transaction model (Uber driver, take me to x location where everyone agrees what the task is without a bunch of negotiating) and translates it to a complex transaction model (Machinist, take complex raw materials and make them into a complex part meeting complex tolerance requirements).

Seriously, who in their right mind would rent a piece of machine shop equipment to a complete stranger? It isn't like someone renting an engine hoist from a rental yard.

I don't know why you guys aren't getting it
You supply your machine and operator to people without the capital and resources....get it?
What could go wrong?
What a great concept!
Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!

I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know about McPond.com - think of us as Airbnb for Machines.

So if you are lacking in machines to build things, you can use McPond to gain access to the machines you need. It's also great passive income if you have idle machines just sitting around collecting dust.

Overall, we believe it's a platform that will benefit the manufacturing industry to have this kind of symbiotic relationships and enhance social interaction within the industry.

Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.

McPond, our vision is to inspire companies and entrepreneurs who want to build things but can’t afford to buy or do not have the space for required machinery. At the same time assist manufacturers to utilize idle machines and earn incremental revenue.

Inspire manufacturing by being a part of our strong peer-to-peer manufacturing community that brings an opportunity for everyone.

Factory owners, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs—let's grow together!

For more information please visit www.mcpond.com or contact [email protected] or call (312) 761-4490

Notice how there's always some bunch of bullshit spouting fuckers who want a skim of the poor sod who actually uses his brain and gets his hands dirty producing something.

to mcpond.com ;- go f'k yourself and the horses you rode in on.

I'm guessing FK nailed it. Your time comes with the machine just like the Uber driver comes with the car.

So really no different than mfg.com.

I too am interested to hear how McPond takes a simple transaction model (Uber driver, take me to x location where everyone agrees what the task is without a bunch of negotiating) and translates it to a complex transaction model (Machinist, take complex raw materials and make them into a complex part meeting complex tolerance requirements).

Maybe I am confused, to me it seems they are only renting out the machine, it doesn't come with an operator. The Bridgeport is listed at $4 an hour.

"Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, here's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator. "

From the original post

Maybe I am confused, to me it seems they are only renting out the machine, it doesn't come with an operator. The Bridgeport is listed at $4 an hour.
It comes with operator! 10 hr min (1 day), tooling extra - profit gouging mill owners and overpaid operators....
A decent size obi for 8/hr.. operator included? is electricity free everywhere but here?
Laser cutter thinks there is only one (500 hr?)- 1/2" max???!

I don't know why you guys aren't getting it
You supply your machine and operator to people without the capital and resources....get it?
What could go wrong?
What a great concept!
Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!

You first !

Go ahead, put your shop in the ring.

"Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, here's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator. "

From the original post

How can you rent an operator and a Bridgeport for $4 an hour? It shows USA locations, not 3rd world countries.

The premise is the Bridgeport is idle so you are getting $0/hr now.
Same goes for the operator only it is worse. You are paying him X/hr and he is idle so you are losing money unless you take on this job. Brilliant!!!

Hey,give the guy a break.......I got lots of machines I would rent out for $4 an hour.......you would need to supply yer own lektrickery,tho,cause they are out in the yard.......How about the old dragline .....branch into construction......or with the demo ball,branch into destruction........Keep up the good work......

Back