What's new
What's new

Attention All Mod's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox

Diamond
Doo to the fact that Spinit banned Gordon B. Clark, somehow that has deleted oodles of threads as well.

I don't know what he did, but in the process of banning him, any thread that Gordon ever started has now been deleted.

If you search your own boards for any threads started by him, then all you haf'ta doo is click each thread and scootch on down to the bottom and click "un-delete the bloody thread" and it will come back.

I'm guessing that this won't be done on the political board, but I would like to think that this would git done at least on the metrology board.
So Leigh, please at least acknowledge that you have seen this post, and how you handle it is up to you, but at least I know that you have seen it.

As many posts as he has, I would expect that he started threads on several different boards.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have no problem with the hate the USA, European, pro communist, far left liberal getting tossed, no matter what the collateral damage. The guy always ripped on the USA and built up China, piss on him.

Unless Spinit is the owener or main admin on the board, the owner/admin can re ok all the posts and content.
I am guessing Spinit hit bann user and delete msgs by mistake instead of just banning user.
msgs are gennerally soft deleted by mods not physically deleted .

unless the owner/mainadmin set it up that way which is a NONO when you have mods.
to get them all back those with permisions can just go to the admin panal click the guys name and click undelete posts. or they could do a cron job(think thats the term and undelete everything)
I have a bunch of the same VB boards mods do this all the time by mistake or being biased on someone..

I have no problem with the hate the USA, European, pro communist, far left liberal getting tossed, no matter what the collateral damage. The guy always ripped on the USA and built up China, piss on him.

I don't believe you're a mod, so I hope I can post this rebuttal as I'm sure not one either. The "hate" seems to come from a few far-right types, who seem to feel that the best way to counter anyone who disagrees with them is to label them a "commie liberal etc. etc."

That does seem to fit this age, with it's huge increase in racial, religious, and other forms of intolerance attacks, both verbal and physical. I think is shows just how far we've fallen from a democratic ideal, to become so closed minded that any differing opinion becomes reason to attack or ban.

Did I like everything GBC posted? No. Do I think it's appropriate to go all five-year-old, stamp my feet, and ban him? Hell no. Grow up! If you don't like his opinions, rebut them! If you don't want to do that, ignore him! For fucks sake, are you so fragile that you can't handle any viewpoints other than your own?

He's certainly not worse on his scale than some of the Neo-Fascists that post here.

I don't believe you're a mod, so I hope I can post this rebuttal as I'm sure not one either. The "hate" seems to come from a few far-right types, who seem to feel that the best way to counter anyone who disagrees with them is to label them a "commie liberal etc. etc."

That does seem to fit this age, with it's huge increase in racial, religious, and other forms of intolerance attacks, both verbal and physical. I think is shows just how far we've fallen from a democratic ideal, to become so closed minded that any differing opinion becomes reason to attack or ban.

Did I like everything GBC posted? No. Do I think it's appropriate to go all five-year-old, stamp my feet, and ban him? Hell no. Grow up! If you don't like his opinions, rebut them! If you don't want to do that, ignore him! For fucks sake, are you so fragile that you can't handle any viewpoints other than your own?

He's certainly not worse on his scale than some of the Neo-Fascists that post here.

47819598292_5d80973444_b.jpg

Far as I can tell, Gordon hasn't posted much of any "hate" for the US. Wouldn't keep coming here as a tourist if he didn't at least sort of like the place. Does spend a lot of time posting links about how well Denmark is doing, but I can excuse that. FWIW, it's as easy as can be for anyone to ignore any of the many threads started by Gordon, for anyone who hates a comparison. And on the metrology front, he has decent knowledge to share.

We do have at least one poster who actually seems to hate the US and every politician since George Washington -- and occasionally veers into personal attacks. But, he too has enough interesting and informative posts -- at least for me -- to give him the sort of freedom of speech here that he might not have in China.

Personally, I'm happy to see any somewhat-manufacturing-related opinion that's actually backed by factual references. Right up to the point that someone posts personal attacks.

Is Gordon banned from all sections or jut the one the moderator has control over?
If a moderator can do such I'm gonna have to be a lot nicer to you Ox.
Think boot licking which I'm not very good at.
Bob

The "hate" seems to come from a few far-right types, who seem to feel that the best way to counter anyone who disagrees with them is to label them a "commie liberal etc. etc."
I think is shows just how far we've fallen from a democratic ideal, to become so closed minded that any differing opinion becomes reason to attack or ban.
With all due respect, I find it funny to see those two sentences in one post. ;)

Back to the subject, I cannot agree that voicing your opinion and being a provocateur/troll is the same thing.

As for those deleted posts, I really doubt that it can be considered a loss. Gain of the server storage, search speed and members' sanity are more important IMHO.

The "hate" seems to come from a few far-right types, who seem to feel that the best way to counter anyone who disagrees with them is to label them a "commie liberal etc. etc."

I think is shows just how far we've fallen from a democratic ideal, to become so closed minded that any differing opinion becomes reason to attack or ban.

With all due respect, I find it funny to see those two sentences in one post. ;)

Back to the subject, I cannot agree that voicing your opinion and being a provocateur/troll is the same thing.

As for those deleted posts, I really doubt that it can be considered a loss. Gain in the server storage, search speed and members' sanity are more important IMHO.

Statement 1: an observation about the tendencies of a handful of individuals.

Statement 2: a lament about how people don't respect each other any more in general.

Not sure how those two are completely incompatible with each other?

FWIW, I don't venture into politics land on this forum very often, so I don't get the full perspective on why everyone seemed to hate Gordon so much. I didn't always agree with him entirely but never saw anything ban-worthy. Lots of guys jumping on him in the other forums, presumably for slights that occurred in politics land though.

So we should not be poking or disagreeing with the masses and marching in a straight line.
You just wrote me off but maybe I'm on your ignore list so you won't see this anyways.
Sever space is cheap, sanity is matter of holding your own inside your head and taking the outside world or views with the grain of salt needed.
Censorship of those who do the poking is the question. Do we want such who disagree or make constant arguments with us here?
Are they a thorn, a disruption or just another thought process?
Where is the line drawn? Comfy for you and your thinking? So no one pisses you off and raises your blood pressure?
I've drawn the sword on Gordon so many times but I respect him as a worthy combatant and fellow human.

I'm thinking I'm next for the ban if I keep posting not so nice and argument type things in some places.
I like to poke. I hope people take it as friendly and a way to think weird things but maybe it's not taken that way.
Bob
(PS: Yes, I am a troll, I live beneath the bridge. .......You will have to be from Michigan to get this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back