Want: Barber Colman 6-10 change gears.

NateA2

Cast Iron
Morning gents,

I could not resist. I bought an old BC 6-10 for $150.00

Anyone have change gears available?

Thanks for looking.

seven 3 fouuur eigghht 34 nineteen eighty8

This may be too obvious, but I typically just make what I need.... or do you not have ANY change gears? Purchasing change gears WILL cost you much more than the machine purchase price. Best introduction of how to learn the machine is to make gears for it.

Zahnrad-

Zero change gears except for the ones hanging off it. I am missing one banjo fitting as well.

Machine has 6-10 on it, but it really looks like a round overarm #3, made 1951.

Ideally- i would find someone with a pile of change gears for sale. I know that they will vastly exceed the price of the machine.

I've got a contact for a guy that might have a banjo for you. I'll have to dig it out because I've no idea where it is right now. I _MAY_ even have a spare that I can measure for you if you end up making one. You can expect to pay dearly for change gears. On the order of $20 - $75 PER gear, depending on tooth count and rarity. ( some people attempt to get even more ) If you find someone upstanding, it is usually in the $20 - $25 range. When you consider that it is common to have 75 - 100 change gears on hand, it is easy to see where that can lead, monetarily.

That's really the easy part, though. You're in for some fun dealing with everything else you'll need to do and source for it.

There should be 6 different speed gears too.

Back