What's new
What's new

Need Quote for Smaller Parts

I have no interest in quoting, but heres a pic. it look to be around 3/4 x 1 x 3/4 ( i Didnt pull dims)

picture1.jpg

Whats so special about these vs's the what appears to be cast and machined ones they have on fleabay (left and right) for $3.00 a pair, or the fully machined pair they have for $9.00? Makes no sense, some kind of joke or virus or something?

You are not going to get anywhere near a true to the model part for $9ea.
All those fillets and rads make that a $50 part. With a 100pc minimum. Paid in advance (cause anybody that has been doing this a while knows exactly where this is going).
This is where you need a toleranced print. And, some manufacturing experience before you design anything.

And, you want one? You are looking at a $1,000 part! LOL :nutter:

You are not going to get anywhere near a true to the model part for $9ea.
All those fillets and rads make that a $50 part. With a 100pc minimum. Paid in advance (cause anybody that has been doing this a while knows exactly where this is going).
This is where you need a toleranced print. And, some manufacturing experience before you design anything.

And, you want one? You are looking at a $1,000 part! LOL :nutter:

Exactly what I was thinking! I am not in any position to quote this, or even pass along to my bosses, but as soon as I saw the pic I was laughing at $9-11. :crazy:

To the OP, that part is either a 5 axis part done in 2-3 ops (don't quote me here, just guestimating) at $100+ per hour, or it is a 3 axis part with fixturing and multiple (3-4-5) setups at $60+ per hour. AND both options require programming time!! In your mind it might only take 5 minutes to run, but someone has to set the machine up, program the machine, prove the part out, build/design fixtures and/or vise jaws, etc etc...

As others pointed out, this looks like a cast part. Machining it will be very expensive. You have a few options to bring your cost down.

1) if you don't care about the outer mold line, it should be pretty easy to redesign the part as a prismatic block. It will be bigger on the outside, but the interface points will be correct. As long as there's no interference with nearby parts, it might even work in production. This would be an economical option, especially if you don't need the radii on the edges machined in and are willing to accept throwing them in a vibratory bowl to knock down the edges.

2) If the purpose of the initial prototype is for fit rather than function, 3D print it out of plastic.

Regardless, if this is going to be a machined rather than cast, it will need some redesign. Try to keep it to two setups on a 3-axis mill, one for each of your hole orientations.

Dan is right.
This part should be dooable at your (production) rate (I did not load the file, and thus I am not sure of the dimensions) if you just want the required features, but would look much more blocky.

2 pc proto will be much more $alty.

Are you OK with a blocky part, or are you set on what you have drawn there?

Or are you wanting to pony up for a casting mold?

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

To the requester, are these the exact Traxxas #3736 parts that are already on the market in the fully machined 6061 version (not cast) for $9.00 a PAIR (left and right) not each? There is also a Traxxas #3736 what appears to be cast aluminum version for $3.00 a pair.

If the quantity is high enough, yeah why couldn't these parts be manufactured at $9-$11, when the current selling price for a fully machined pair is $9.00?

If these are not the same part your referencing, and there is modifications to the design, could the cast on the market version be modified to your need?

FYI - I deleted many posts that are not helpfull to the OP in much if in any way.
Not saying that your post was degrading or whatnot, just discussion ......

This is an RFQ board and not General Discussion.
We need to keep all reply's on task here.
We can shoot the Shiite elsewhere.

Mike and Mr. King:
While your posts were on target, please look at them and ask yourself, "How can I git my point across in a less degrading way, like I might treat my own customer to his face."
Try to save the :dopeslap: for the other boards please.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Reply’s to posts “ not helpful”, is your opinion OX, I think your censorship is not helpful.

FYI - I deleted many posts that are not helpfull to the OP in much if in any way.
Not saying that your post was degrading or whatnot, just discussion ......

This is an RFQ board and not General Discussion.
We need to keep all reply's on task here.
We can shoot the Shiite elsewhere.

Mike and Mr. King:
While your posts were on target, please look at them and ask yourself, "How can I git my point across in a less degrading way, like I might treat my own customer to his face."
Try to save the :dopeslap: for the other boards please.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, doo to the nature of the job description of Moderator, my opinion is the one that matters here. (second only to the boss man)
If you don't like it, feel free to take it up with management.

The "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page will get you there.

You think that I am heavy handed?
Then there are the folks that report posts all the time and think that we run a way too loose show here.
I guess if folks are fussin' on both sides, then we must be satisfying the silent majority...

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back