What's new
What's new

How do I thread mill a 1" NPTF thread?

Come on pal, at least make it look like you spent more than 10 seconds researching this topic before asking a question.

Vance ..... I mean WTF!

Is it me or you who is drunk!

Just how exactly do you interpret the OP's statement:

Or, did I miss something .....:scratchchin:

I assume he means "flycutter" to be a single point tool. I've used a lathe threading bar as a threadmill before in a pinch, which is effectively a flycutter at that point.

Maybe I'm giving OP too much credit!

Vance ..... I mean WTF!

Is it me or you who is drunk!

Just how exactly do you interpret the OP's statement:

Or, did I miss something .....:scratchchin:

You may have missed an earlier thread where the OP asked about tapping a 1" NPT. When told that G84 was fine for tapping NPT, he responded that tapping was not really what he was trying to do. I then said he should start a new thread (this one) and ask about thread milling a 1" NPT. Between the 2 threads I suspected that English is not his primary language and he is probably having some trouble with translation of terminology.

@gregormarwick...

I have done threadmilling with a boring bar a couple times. It worked and for an emergency (coarser pitch than I had a proper thread mill for on hand) I was OK with it. Would not choose it as a standard practice though.

You may have missed an earlier thread where the OP asked about tapping a 1" NPT. When told that G84 was fine for tapping NPT, he responded that tapping was not really what he was trying to do. I then said he should start a new thread (this one) and ask about thread milling a 1" NPT. Between the 2 threads I suspected that English is not his primary language and he is probably having some trouble with translation of terminology.

@gregormarwick...

I have done threadmilling with a boring bar a couple times. It worked and for an emergency (coarser pitch than I had a proper thread mill for on hand) I was OK with it. Would not choose it as a standard practice though.

Thanks for all reply.

I mean use milling machine with a one point cut to cut thread hole like this:
milling fly cutter - Google Search

I used the way cut the M42x2 thread hole quite good. but don't know how to cut pipe thread. need help.
Thanks.

Why I can‘t see my reply I just made? anyway please don't upset when you see twice.

I used milling machine with fly cutter to cut M42X2 thread hole quite well, don't know how to cut pipe thread hole. the cutter like this:

milling fly cutter - Google Search

OH the value of being able to manually code. Something like this should take about 15-20 minutes to write long hand. You only need about 10 threads so that is 20 lines of code plus program begining and end.

Even 30 yrs ago on a B-port I don't think that I have ever had or even really ever used a "fly cutter".
The thought of using one today just boggles my mind.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back