What's new
What's new

SQT-10M - Everything Stopped

Circuit 1

Aluminum
SQT-10M T-Plus. I powered up the machine. Set a tool with the tooleye. Was running the spindle at about 500 rpm to let it warm up a bit. Pulled up the program and standing there looking at it and then I heard a noise like a breaker kicking out. I then lost the screen and hydraulics. I then shut everything off and powered the main switch and I had the electrical cabinet fans as normal. Push the green button and the monitor fan came on but nothing else. I've tried resetting every breaker I could find and wiggled all the connections but still no screen or hydraulics. I don't know a whole lot about the electrical on this so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks!

Just to add to this. When I push the green button I can feel a bit of a buzz in the console like it normally does when then control powers up. And as I mentioned before the fans in the monitor cabinet come on. The feed and speed override lights up and reads all zeroes, but nothing else lights up. Then when I shut it off I'll get that quick white screen flash like it normally does when it shuts down. So that tells me I'm getting power to at least the monitor.

I would grab a multimeter and start probing with the power on. Just look for voltage. If you're not comfortable working around electricity then it's time to call in someone.

What's the power cabinet look like? Main breaker, transformer, then another breaker? Where do the controls break off from the stuff that runs with just power on (fans, pumps, lights)?

Just got off the phone with Mitsubishi and from what leds are on or off they think there are multiple problems going on. So I guess I might have to get a tech to take a look.

I had something similar to this on a qt18 with a tplus control. hit the green button and you hear fans kick on but thats it. i would check 2 things:

1) there are 2 - 24v transformers in the back cabinet (under and to the left of the spindle, z/x axis controls), check to make sure you are actually getting 24v output, they are known to go, i had to replace both of them. in fact i was running off of one 24v transformer for a while until the replacement came in.

2) there is a 150amp main contactor for the whole machine with a push in style reset. bump that a couple of times. i had one where i thought it was going bad and i copied the number down to get a new one, but after blowing it out and pushing the reset a couple of times its still working.

Back