What's new
What's new

Sandvik (Tamrock) water temperature

Ellie

Plastic
My Sandvik scout 700 Rock Drill's water temperature goes up and it beeps after about an hour of work and I have to turn it off.

What are the possible sources of this issue?
Is there any operator manual or troubleshooting for Sandvik rock drill?

I think we can work through this, although this isn't the normal kind of drilling most of us do.

Without knowing ANYTHING about what you're working with:

Does it have a cooler/radiator? Is it pumping water through? Is it cooling (if there is an active cooling compressor on it)? Does it have enough water in it?

Seems it has a temperature gage. Does it appear to be as warm as it thinks it is? Is the sensor or gage faulty?

Beyond that, perhaps bearings are bad and need replacing. Or you're working it too hard.

FYI this is a forum about machining, and you have posted in a CNC machining board, which is for precision machining (think making parts out of steel or aluminum). You've got the wrong forum for this. But keep in mind the questions I wrote above. Maybe you can find the answer if you check those things.

I think we can work through this, although this isn't the normal kind of drilling most of us do.

Without knowing ANYTHING about what you're working with:

Does it have a cooler/radiator? Is it pumping water through? Is it cooling (if there is an active cooling compressor on it)? Does it have enough water in it?

Seems it has a temperature gage. Does it appear to be as warm as it thinks it is? Is the sensor or gage faulty?

Beyond that, perhaps bearings are bad and need replacing. Or you're working it too hard.

FYI this is a forum about machining, and you have posted in a CNC machining board, which is for precision machining (think making parts out of steel or aluminum). You've got the wrong forum for this. But keep in mind the questions I wrote above. Maybe you can find the answer if you check those things.

Or......they can just go ask over at www.heavyequipmentforums.com...and get a proper answer,
one from some that's been there, and doing that.....:crazy:

Back