What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Cinedo 210-14 Vertical

Harri89

Cast Iron
Hello!

I have this beautiful milling machine and it has automatic way lubrication expect vertical head slides?
The pump inside the knee should pump the oil to the ways, how often it does this?
How can i be sure The ways get enough oil and how much it should be?

How the right hand side vertical head locking lever works? I cant move it..

In the head should also be a counter balancin hydrsulic piston. How easy it should be to hsnd feed upwards?

Cincinnati_1.jpg
Cincinnati.jpg
IMG_20180715_164810.jpg

Nice machine ! You have a 1967 machine, Manual is Pub. no. 3003, Englixh made.On top of the vertical ways there are spring cap oilers on each side. I assume you can run the machine, On the left side of the vertical head there are probably 2 clamping nuts for a hard clamp. On the right side is a hand clamp. Both have to be loose to move the head by hand crank hand wheel or feed. The vertical feed has two hand levers, the back one is for up or down, the front is to engage the feed.

The front lever on the right side of the head is to engage feed up or down.

According to manual the lever behind it is a head locking clamp. On left side is one nut to lock the head.

I just cant move the locking lever :/

C Mike

FINLAND.jpgFinland 1.jpg

Your are right, front is up or down lever and the back is called saddle clamp in the American version. They seem to be the same on most machines. 124 is rack shifter and 121 rack enterlock. Seem to have a dog point set screw on the top side, not sure if that is adjustment by having a nut on top it. Seem it would have to be a camp type lock.
Most machines have a chain on both sides to a lead counterweightl inside the column. pull the cover off the top and look. I wondering if your head gearing has a little chain drive motor circulating oil under the top too.

Theres a belt driven motor.
On my manual hydraulic diagram is a text written; "On vertical machined, another branch line puts pressure under a piston to counterbalance the vertical head"
IMG_20180715_170516.jpg

I losen up the bolt in the picture, when its turned enough open the lever moves so much that its capable of. Should it be adjusted someway? Is there a possibilty to break something if its locked at its maximum ?

IMG_20180729_144548.jpg

C Mike

I losen up the bolt in the picture, when its turned enough open the lever moves so much that its capable of. Should it be adjusted someway? Is there a possibilty to break something if its locked at its maximum ?

View attachment 234335Can you hand crank the head now? The English manual ( Pub. no. M - 3003 - E ) only shows construction view of the unit, not like the American manual.

The head is locked when the lever is in "horizontal" position. How easy it should be to hand crank upwarda? If there is the piston to counterbalance the head?

Is the sight glass on the right side of the head For showing oil circulation or a oil level indicator?

On the right side of the head where is the head feed gearbox is a oil level indicator. Where can i add oil to it? Manual says its a level indicator but nothing else...

C Mike

The head is locked when the lever is in "horizontal" position. How easy it should be to hand crank upwarda? If there is the piston to counterbalance the head?

Is the sight glass on the right side of the head For showing oil circulation or a oil level indicator?

Oil circulation.

That says oil level indicator, so i suppose it would need more oil to it, but where to add?

Mobil dte medium or dte 25 for knee/column lubrication? Which one is better for lubricating the ways, since the pump in the knee pumps it to sliding surfaces?

Atlast i got my machines to my new workshop, Ive had this cincinnati now 2 years and newer used it. I didnt have any place to put it.

Deckel looks abit small next to cincy :)

I still have to move, lathe, surface grinder, millng machine, doall vertical bandsaw...

IMG_20191026_173141.jpgIMG_20191026_173202.jpg

Cmike, do you have a picture of exploded view of the feed motor?
I need to remove the feed motor cooling fan which is made from aluminium(?)

Theres a crack in it and out of balance cause of it and shakes the machine when its running.

So i removed the motor and motor bearings are ok. The motor cooling fan has some wobble
due the cast crack, which i assume makes some shaking to the machine, its minor but noticeable.

For now it feels and sounds that there ia a bearing failure or something close to the motor bracket. I need to remove the whole casing from the side of the knee to start to explore the problem.

IMG_20191031_214308.jpgIMG_20191031_214253.jpg

Not the motor its self. can you run the motor off the machine ? Then take the fan off the motor and run it, and see the difference. If that is it, you probably can buy a fan. It will be plastic now days.If that doesn't work, check the idler gear { input gear } may need the bearings pulled up. If so, drain the oil out of the knee and pull the riser plate off and the nut is on the other side.
Good luck

When i Turn the gear by hand which is in the picture, what motor turns. There or somewhere is something wrong with bearing. It wont Turn smoothly and makes noise.

Oil is already drained, it also looked alot thicker than Mobil dte medium which i have for it now.

What do you mean by riser plate?
The big plate where motor is mounted?

Back