What's new
What's new

Very old owner made lathe

stef.

Aluminum
My 88 year old neighbor asked if I could help him sell this lathe. He said it was made by his father in 1925.

I was amazed when he told me that his father made it. It is quite an amazing piece of work. The lathe has a .585-12 spindle and turn a 6 inch dia. by 14 inch long. The over all length is 25 inches. The jack shaft pulley is 8 inches in dia. The price is $250.00 plus shipping. I can try to answer any questions you may have. IMG_7478.jpgz (2).jpg100_4565.jpg

That is cool and neat!!!

Someone was very talented to come up with and build it. Looks like many of the parts are made of brass/bronze including the gears! Sure puts another lathe to shame we can't mention here!;)

Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Very nice looking lathe. Was this lathe a kit? Did the maker produce his own castings or the patterns for them? Do you have any pictures of the front and back sides of the lathe? What was the makers occupation? Is there any other tooling with the lathe?
Regards,
Tom

very old lathe is SOLD pending payment

The lathe is sold pending payment
my 88 year old neighbor asked if i could help him sell this lathe. He said it was made by his father in 1925.

I was amazed when he told me that his father made it. It is quite an amazing piece of work. The lathe has a .585-12 spindle and turn a 6 inch dia. By 14 inch long. The over all length is 25 inches. The jack shaft pulley is 8 inches in dia. The price is $250.00 plus shipping. I can try to answer any questions you may have. View attachment 269521View attachment 269522View attachment 269523

Back