What's new
What's new

Help, What is this? Phase generator?

EarlF

Cast Iron
I saw this the other day and the owner said it was used to run 3phase on single phase. I haven't seen anything like it before.

017.jpg019.jpg020.jpg024.jpg021.jpg

I saw this the other day and the owner said it was used to run 3phase on single phase. I haven't seen anything like it before.

View attachment 269483View attachment 269484View attachment 269486View attachment 269487View attachment 269488

Looks like a Reischle crossbreed with Bergman Electricitats-Werie.

West German made, so several years after Wierd Adolph finally did the right thing for once and exited the game.

Not sure if it is a Rotary Phase Converter or a dynamotor, though.

On-edit:

Milking machine? For COWS? Not in the Kalifornikya SSR!

Kalifornios can't be fooled THAT easily!

They know very well that milk comes from STORES, whilst COWS have reality Tee-Vee shows!!!

:D

Last edited:
Need to show pix of the other end, the orange/brown looking thing.

FWiW looks like a milking machine....for cows...

Need to show pix of the other end, the orange/brown looking thing.

FWiW looks like a milking machine....for cows...

I'll be first to admit I don't know cow sh*t about milking cows, but guessing vac pumps would be needed for that too. Where I see these types of pumps is CNC routers for wood, it provides suction to the table, same principle as air hockey, in reverse.

The orange brown looking thing is an electric motor with a shaft to the other thing. I don't really know which thing drives which. I don't think it is a vacuum pump as the only connections on the thing are electrical.

It is a Werie-Rietschle vacuum pump, and yes, vacuum pumps are used in diary milking machines. Milking systems back in the early 20th century were frequently provided vacuum from a manifold tap and valve from a tractor engine. My Allis Chalmers B has such a valve... and while I don't use it to milk cows, I HAVE used it to start a siphon from a rather large boat fuel tank that needed to be emptied into a lower tank...

High vacuum is used for a variety of industrial functions, and it's also used to reduce moisture in food, particuarly canning... and chemical production. Seein's how water boils at much lower temperature as pressure decreases, it's perfect for reducing moisture content. A fine example would be reduction of water content of tomato juice, in order to make sauces, but without overcooking the tomatoes. A vacuum pot, with low heat, results in very rapid evacuation of moisture, but leaving everything else behind. In machinery processes, high vacuum will remove moisture from machine oil in a big hurry. It's not unusual to see it paired with a centrifuge to separate moisture and heavy contaminants in a combined operation.

It is a Werie-Rietschle vacuum pump, and yes, vacuum pumps are used in diary milking machines. Milking systems back in the early 20th century were frequently provided vacuum from a manifold tap and valve from a tractor engine. My Allis Chalmers B has such a valve... and while I don't use it to milk cows, I HAVE used it to start a siphon from a rather large boat fuel tank that needed to be emptied into a lower tank...

High vacuum is used for a variety of industrial functions, and it's also used to reduce moisture in food, particuarly canning... and chemical production. Seein's how water boils at much lower temperature as pressure decreases, it's perfect for reducing moisture content. A fine example would be reduction of water content of tomato juice, in order to make sauces, but without overcooking the tomatoes. A vacuum pot, with low heat, results in very rapid evacuation of moisture, but leaving everything else behind. In machinery processes, high vacuum will remove moisture from machine oil in a big hurry. It's not unusual to see it paired with a centrifuge to separate moisture and heavy contaminants in a combined operation.

...and the fact that this one appears to have been stored at the bottom of a large pile of manure...is junk.

alum. parts corroded, steel parts rusted, the gut's inside are probably frozen as well.

It's possibly a rotary cheese converter. In any case, its story has been told. That train has left the station. The ship has left port. It's finished, terminado, finis, Ca-Ca, over and out.

:nopity:

It could be a drive unit to enable the OP to reach "plaid"....as in "Ludicrous speed"....:skep:
YouTube

Last edited:

Back