What's new
What's new

Tool-X coolant?

repairguy923

Plastic
Top of the morning!

Does anyone have any experience with Tool-X coolant? Our shop is getting into titanium work and one of our tooling salesman recommended we try tool-x. He claims that some of his customers have had great success with this product. We're currently using Hysol MB50, which has been a great product for us.

Top of the morning!

Does anyone have any experience with Tool-X coolant? Our shop is getting into titanium work and one of our tooling salesman recommended we try tool-x. He claims that some of his customers have had great success with this product. We're currently using Hysol MB50, which has been a great product for us.

Never heard of Tool X (that's not necessarily a bad thing). Who is your tooling salesman? Are they getting a commission to recommend that brand?

If you're shopping around, you could try Metalworking Lubricants out of Pontiac, they send a rep out.
Industrial Metalworking Lubricants | Metalworking Lubricants Company

We're currently using Adrem. It's.... ok. Been using it for a few years,and now all of a sudden all of our machines stink like crazy for some reason.

Every coolant type claims great success... never heard of these guys, but then we've probably never heard of 3/4 of the magical coolant brands on there...
With Ti I believe you have to watch that it not be chlorinated coolant or something like that.

Never heard of Tool X (that's not necessarily a bad thing). Who is your tooling salesman? Are they getting a commission to recommend that brand?

If you're shopping around, you could try Metalworking Lubricants out of Pontiac, they send a rep out.
Industrial Metalworking Lubricants | Metalworking Lubricants Company

We're currently using Adrem. It's.... ok. Been using it for a few years,and now all of a sudden all of our machines stink like crazy for some reason.

Tool X is from the same guys that make Rain X. They're boasting about they're product being "nano tech" and double tool life yada yada... I'm sure we've all heard the same pitch. It was not recommended to me so I'm not sure about the salesman getting kick back or not.

So far we've been extremely happy with our Hysol MB50 and we get a great price on it. Castrol claims the product was designed for TI. & Sounds like you may have some fungi or bacteria growth. We switched from Blaser to Castrol because of the amount of growth and the stench you'd get in a short amount of time. so far so good with the castrol.

I'm using Hangsterfers S787D in Ti with good results. Never gets stinky.

Looks like a semi-synthetic, similar to our Hysol. Thanks for the recommendation.

Every coolant type claims great success... never heard of these guys, but then we've probably never heard of 3/4 of the magical coolant brands on there...
With Ti I believe you have to watch that it not be chlorinated coolant or something like that.

Right, I'm on the same page. They all boast to have the same qualities.

President

Top of the morning!

Tool-X was designed to help DOD contractors cut Titanium and other hard materials. we have many customers using the product for titanium. please get back to us and we will give you names and phone number of people using this technology. please get back to me at [email protected] you can also see a new article about us in Jan 21 modern machines shop magazine.

Tool-X was designed to help DOD contractors cut Titanium and other hard materials. we have many customers using the product for titanium. please get back to us and we will give you names and phone number of people using this technology. please get back to me at [email protected] you can also see a new article about us in Jan 21 modern machines shop magazine.

Jim, I think I've actually talked to you on the phone. I'm going to warn you that bringing up an old thread to sell product doesn't go down so well here.

The best thing you can do is be available to answer questions and not take an overt sales stance.

FYI, we use your product and like it. :cheers:

Jim, I think I've actually talked to you on the phone. I'm going to warn you that bringing up an old thread to sell product doesn't go down so well here.

The best thing you can do is be available to answer questions and not take an overt sales stance.

FYI, we use your product and like it. :cheers:

Only if it smells like dryer sheets.....:D

Titanium

Top of the morning!

Tool-X was developed to cut titanium for the government application's. Tool-X is an outshoot of a government program called the super lubricant program. the Nano material that is used in tool-x is made from a join venture with the government to give American company an edge in the manufacturing field.

Jim English tool-x.

Tool-X was developed to cut titanium for the government application's. Tool-X is an outshoot of a government program called the super lubricant program. the Nano material that is used in tool-x is made from a join venture with the government to give American company an edge in the manufacturing field.

Jim English tool-x.

seriously?

Jim English tool-x.

So,,,,, is Rain-X Business so bad they can't afford an advertising budget so they have revive a two year old thread and spam it twice with the same ole hyped up bullshit every other wanna be coolant manufacturer spouts???

Back