What's new
What's new

BSP fitting source?

Comatose

Titanium
I need a source for relatively low pressure 2-1/2" BSP fittings to connect to a vacuum pump. McMaster and the rest of my usual suspects only go up to 2". Even just a bushing with 2-1/2 BSP on the outside and 2 NPT on the inside would get me there.

Before I go buy some 55 degree threading inserts and make what should be a very off-the-shelf part, does anyone have a good domestic source for this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Not to be a smart aleck, but have you googled? They're literally fairly common. I needed some a few months ago and HyQuip had them in stock. I believe one of them was 2-1/2", too. ( been more than 24 hours, so no guarantees on my memory... )

Let's just assume my google fingers are broken and posting on practical machinist is my very first move finding a source... Nothing remotely close on Hyquip's (not very extensive) website. Do you have a link?

Let's just assume my google fingers are broken and posting on practical machinist is my very first move finding a source... Nothing remotely close on Hyquip's (not very extensive) website. Do you have a link?

I never even bothered to look. I used my google fingers to dial the telephone and called them. :cool:

I understand the OP wanting to get these from a recommended source. I have gotten metric and other specialty items from Maryland Metric, Owens Mills, MD and another company in the Dallas/Fort Worth area can not find there catalog right now but they had an extensive catalog with specialty fittings, tools and metric stuff. When you have been in business as long as me sometimes you forget the names of your suppliers or they go out of business. I will look for that other catalog if no one else knows them.

It has been a while, my search found many references so I thought they were still in business.
The thing about living long enough to see good suppliers go under is that it means you are still alive.

If you end up really stuck my local supplier here in central Ontario has them.. I only know this because their former employee used to send me bsp instead of npt all to often.

Back