What's new
What's new

Estate auction

russler

Aluminum
For those that may be interested, Premier machinery are currently auctioning the estate of an ex member of PM
Phillippe estate auction #1

I can’t find any info on the linked page that says how it works if one buys small items...does anyone know if they will ship the items you purchase? Or do you have to be present to pick up your items won?

It says they have a carrier to take the small items to their place in MN where they can be packed and shipped via UPS, and that the cost of said transport will be split amongst buyers. I'm scared myself lol, I'd really like a couple things but might end up with a couple hundred tied up in $75 of stuff

I have bought from them before. Pretty easy to work with. Never had them ship anything though.

It says they have a carrier to take the small items to their place in MN where they can be packed and shipped via UPS, and that the cost of said transport will be split amongst buyers. I'm scared myself lol, I'd really like a couple things but might end up with a couple hundred tied up in $75 of stuff

My situation exactly....I’d like several things but don’t want to be taken to the cleaners over a couple hundred dollars worth of smalls...:scratchchin:

I bought one lot and plan on making the trip over from Omaha to pick it up one of the days this weekend.

But by chance is there any members picking up lots and heading to points west on I-80? If so I’d be glad to comp you for some gas money if it saved me some drive time. I bought a Cincinnati vertical head attachment for a mill. Not sure if the weight but certainly not light. Not too big of a piece of cargo though. Any point between Cedar Rapids and Omaha would help.

Alternately I’d be glad to help other buyers on my route between Cedar Rapids and Omaha for similar consideration if I make the journey myself.

Let me know.

Dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - need to know full costs with shipping - a friend of mine bought a sparco seat for about $125, but it ended up coming out of canada and with the shipping. oversize, and customs that got added to it his great deal quadrupled and was no longer so great!

Thanks sandiapaul for providing the link, I was pushed for time when I posted.
The member was DT38K
The next auction starts on the 18th and I assume will be the rest of the smalls, the lathes and mills,car collection etc.

I stopped to see Randy Phillippe in Cedar Rapids maybe 15 years ago, and buy some tooling from him that he had advertised on this site. He was renting part of an old Allis-Chalmers plant building in CR at that time, and had lots of machinery and tooling for sale there. I wish I could've spent the whole day talking with him, as he was very interesting. When Randy was younger, he was one of the top flat track motorcycle racers in the country, and I remembered seeing him race in the '70's and '80's.

That is one complaint I am getting about our auction, is no shipping. BUT no has contacted me and said can you ship this lot if I buy it.
Well, that's because the usual response of auctioneers is "Can't you read? No means no." If shipping is a possibility for this auction, that makes buying some lots much more practical for people who aren't planning on driving across several states.

Stuff that can fit in a USPS box is obviously easy to ship. Machinery obviously is going to be moved out by the riggers. What about stuff like that lot of NMTB50 taper tools, which probably weighs 75-100 pounds and needs to go in a crate, not a cardboard box?

Back