What's new
What's new

Parker 975 Machinist Vise for sale

archyII

Plastic
Parker 975 vise with 5" jaws. Approximate weight 105 pounds.
The vise is in great condition. Asking $400.0020200110_144753.jpg20200110_144712.jpg20200110_144837.jpg20200110_145134.jpg

What price do you think is fair?
All of the research that I did on vintage machine.org, this site, ebay and craigslist suggest that my asking price is a fair starting point for a vise in this condition. I always appreciate constructive criticism.

What price do you think is fair?
All of the research that I did on vintage machine.org, this site, ebay and craigslist suggest that my asking price is a fair starting point for a vise in this condition. I always appreciate constructive criticism.

IMHO, you're about 2-3 times off.

IMHO, you're about 2-3 times off.

I would agree with your assessment for a parker 954 or 973 that have 4" or 3" jaws and that are half of the weight. When I did my research I found prices from $600.00(insane even for a restored vise) to $85.00 for a vise missing the jaws and the swivel.
We will see what the market says.
Thanks

Here is a link to some of the site rules, since you did not read before posting:

5. All are welcome. But this is a free service. You are expected to pay by participating in other areas of the site. If you are simply here to sell you are not welcome. And saying that "I am trying to help people" will get you booted. That is the #1 response of the type A salesmen that end up being banned. You are here to help yourself. Some leeway will be given to first time posters. But not much.

Rules and suggestions, READ BEFORE POSTING

I would agree with your assessment for a parker 954 or 973 that have 4" or 3" jaws and that are half of the weight. When I did my research I found prices from $600.00(insane even for a restored vise) to $85.00 for a vise missing the jaws and the swivel.
We will see what the market says.
Thanks

Did your research cover asking prices ( completely meaningless) or actual selling price?
mislabeling it a “machinist” vise doesn’t help your cause on a pro heavy machinist site.. yea about 175 I’d think. The larger bench vises Can be harder to sell, smaller market, much harder to ship

That's not a "machinist vise", it's a bench vise with irreplaceable jaws.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

You are wrong. This is a Chas.Parker 975 MACHINIST VISE with swivel base. It has removable jaws. The jaws on this vice are in good condition. Sorry that I offended this highly esteemed group.
I will remove the offending ad and I hope all of you that were so offended are able to get back to your safe space.
Thanks for the education.

You are wrong. This is a Chas.Parker 975 MACHINIST VISE with swivel base. It has removable jaws. The jaws on this vice are in good condition. Sorry that I offended this highly esteemed group.
I will remove the offending ad and I hope all of you that were so offended are able to get back to your safe space.

YouTube

This is what the market says, Brand new Wilton vise, more of a "machinist vise" than yours for $419
Comes with brand new easily replacable jaws ( not chewed up like yours), no wear or slop, and free shipping.
JET 28805 1745 Wilton Trademan Vise 4-1/2 In - - Amazon.com

The wilton vise that you spec. has 4 1/2" jaws and weighs 38 pounds. It is not comparable to the 975. If you want to be a critic at least be accurate.

oh, good god, for crap sake don't be so lightweight. if you think that was harsh you have no idea! just some folks way of saying "Howdy!" also, just because the catalog says "machinist" whatever, doesn't make it so. there is a world of real precision vises that machinists are accustomed to that are in a different world from a mechanic's or tradesman's vise. yea, about 175, ask 225 and go from there.

Not only removable but machinable as well...for that custom fit.

LOL! Like the guy who goes for a hemorrhoid transplant?

And the new tissue rejects HIM?

:)

The Parker, BTW, might better be described as a general-pupose bench vise. Heavy one, yes, but still - never was the sort a machinst might have "tooled-up", back in the day more was done with hand-tools.

Beloved of a garage mechanic or a custom job fab & weldment shop, rather.

Back