What's new
What's new

Deerksin or Kidskin for Tig welding?

Neither.

You need to seek out the rare (and expensive)
Uber flexible "best in class"

Black squirrel scrotum gloves.

It will make you such a good welder, that you won't even need a helmet anymore.

Wear whatever I want on my left hand holding the torch and nothing on my right hand feeding filler. Have started wearing nitrile gloves on both hands off and on depending on what I'm doing. I do not recommend doing what I do.

Wear whatever I want on my left hand holding the torch and nothing on my right hand feeding filler. Have started wearing nitrile gloves on both hands off and on depending on what I'm doing. I do not recommend doing what I do.

I used to go hard hand...then I stuck the filler and tungsten and let go before I shut it down...that'll wake ya up lol.

Rose pruning gauntlets (I got a couple pairs at Lowe’s a few years ago) fairly thin goatskin glove with a thicker gauntlet. Less than $20, do what you need them to do as long as you don’t drag your torch hand across a fresh bead...

Check the HAZMAT on bare skin. UV rays not so good for bare skin.
Talked to a guy who TIG welded once in the summer with just a V neck T shirt. SUPER MAN! Triangle burned onto his chest.

You can wash dishes with the Tillman gloves. Just don't try to move around anything that is hot. You need some bear skin gloves for that.
I use Tillman gloves and they are too thin for taking heat.

I like these for light welding I also use them for heavy welding but prefer the elk skin which is soft and still really takes the heat. I have arthritis and the standard welding gloves are pretty uncomfortable till they break in still gloves make it hard to get a good grip on the grinder too.
d6fa052001ad522452ccf229162df38b.jpg
0888a7e13d7641551c909de413e171e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back