What's new
What's new

OT Funny Machine Plascards

Hardplates

Stainless
Not sure if this has been done before but I always get a chuckle out of these every time I see them and thought it might be fun to see some others. It never seems to get old. I have mostly old Japanese Iron and a little Taiwanese iron so the Jinglish/Chinglish is strong in my shop.

I'll start with my favorite.
Do not operate without close the door :D
without close the door.jpg

on edit: I'm not much better being I apparently can't spell PLACARD in the title!

I like the ones AVE made for his Haas. :D

Attachments

• AVE Danger.jpg
    AVE Danger.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 584
  • AVE Danger 2.jpg
    AVE Danger 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 639
This is a porcelain sign above each CO2 extinguisher in the place I used to work:

Dope Fires.jpg

We used solvent solutions of polymers, commonly referred to as dope, in the manufacturing operation. I believe the term was derived from airplane dope, as at the time similar chemicals were used in both.

On my splitter, direct from the factory (Supersplit brand)

View attachment 278189

My machinist instructor also had a rule about one person at a time operating a machine, It went back to two guys on a horizontal where one was in front and one at the end of the table. It just happened that the end-of-table guy was straddling the handle when his buddy engaged the rapid traverse.

I don't have a pic, but in high school we had a field trip to Argon National Laboratory. You know how long ago that was because such things were still possible. They gave everyone film badges to be collected on exit and everything seemed pretty well thought out and routine. Until we got to one chalkboard notice "Strong possibility of total sterility!" Kind of wakes you up out of routine.

Found this in a tooling supplier website, the "auto translate from Spanish" don't work too well eh ?

Attachments

• FrontStrawberries.JPG
    FrontStrawberries.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 346
Hi Everyone, This sticker is on the Bridgeport in our shop. It was alluded to in a previous post. I have no idea where it came from or who stuck it on there, but it is funny.
Tom from Mass.Machine Placard.jpg

My dad had one in his basement shop.
You can get used to wearing safety glasses. It is harder to get used to a glass eye.
I think he printed it when he worked for a printing company.

My dad had one in his basement shop.
You can get used to wearing safety glasses. It is harder to get used to a glass eye.
I think he printed it when he worked for a printing company.

Away OT, Bill, but years ago when I was still building life-size arcade fortune tellers, I went shopping for glass eyes. I found an old oculist who had an ancient velvet tray full--144 glass eyes. I quickly discovered that you can't find a matching pair because---wait for it---nobody needs TWO glass eyes. I also found that staring at a tray of 144 eyes turns your stomach in 30 seconds.

Back