What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Training Videos--Channel is now live on YouTube

Philabuster

Diamond
Hey Guys, my channel is finally live on YouTube! I thought I should start a new thread.

I have some very beginner videos showing how to power up the machine and jog it around and also what screens we use on a regular basis to program and run the machine.

Tool probe video. Jaw boring video.

Then I have programming examples 1,2,3 and then I have one about OD grooving.

My friend early on in the filming process was shooting the entire controller, but in later videos I told him we needed to tighten up on the shot to just the CRT to get as much detail as possible.

Anyway, this is just the beginning of the videos. I have a bunch more content to produce including all the little tricks I picked up along the last 24 years running Mazatrol.

I have two intro videos posted as I wasn't sure which one people liked better--short and sweet or longer explaining a bit of my history.

Here's the short video:

YouTube

Here's the long video:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I thought this video was worth posting here. Some people still struggle with how to calculate endpoints on a sphere in Mazatrol.

I am machining a sphere and I walk you through how to calculate the sphere endpoints and also how to machine it with two different tools. The rougher is a 55° diamond and the finisher is a 35°diamond. The 55° cannot rough out the complete shape, so I separated the rougher and finisher on separate processes so the 35° cleaned up the extra stock.

Thank you so much for creating these videos Phil they are tremendously helpful.

Any chance you could do a short tutorial on barriers?

Thanks Phil. I watched all of the videos and subscribed. I did noticed something different on my T2 control than yours. I can't see the tool on the screen during simulation or any other time. What I hadn't noticed is my monitor doesn't show any red for some reason. I'm going to check that out. Lots of good info in the videos. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Phil. I watched all of the videos and subscribed. I did noticed something different on my T2 control than yours. I can't see the tool on the screen during simulation or any other time. What I hadn't noticed is my monitor doesn't show any red for some reason. I'm going to check that out. Lots of good info in the videos. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like your monitor is going out. Some people have been able to retrofit an old computer monitor flat screen in place of the CRT and use a video converter box to adapt the video signal to the monitor. I've been fortunate I haven't had to do that yet. Getting a stock replacement CRT is expensive if they are still available.

Thanks Phil, I have already done that. When I purchased my machine the monitor was missing completely. Seems like there was a procedure to check the colors. I'll have to find the paperwork on the converter.

I'll have to watch the new video about barriers. My machine has 2 spindles but it seems like the machine thinks it has a tailstock.

My machine has 2 spindles but it seems like the machine thinks it has a tailstock.

Sounds like you did not have the correct parameters for your machine. The parameters are what tell the control what type of machine it's hooked up to and the configuration of the machine.

Great to see this. I may be missing something but could you put episode numbers in your titles? Unless I'm doing something wrong when I click on sort by date in Youtube, Youtube doesn't put them in order. Looks like thats because multiple videos were posted on the same day a week ago. I haven't had a chance to watch all of them yet but if they build on each other it would be useful to watch in order.
thanks for the great content.

Great to see this. I may be missing something but could you put episode numbers in your titles? Unless I'm doing something wrong when I click on sort by date in Youtube, Youtube doesn't put them in order. Looks like thats because multiple videos were posted on the same day a week ago. I haven't had a chance to watch all of them yet but if they build on each other it would be useful to watch in order.
thanks for the great content.

Yeah, I'm still learning how YouTube works. :o I uploaded the videos months ago and then made them all public on the same day after my friend finished the last beginner videos. I probably screwed up doing that.

I created playlists in my YouTube channel that separate the videos by content type. Not sure if I did it correctly. For the early programming videos, I did title them Demo Part 1,2,3 as a video series.

That tip of being able to zero the DRO in manual mode was great, I already used it 5 times yesterday.

Thanks

Cool. You can also pre-set a number in there if you want. The numbers will reset themselves back to the original tool geometry if you push reset button or go into any auto mode.

Thank you for sharing your time and experience with these videos. I am an experienced Mazak lathe programmer and still enjoy watching. Now do you have a Mazak mill you can do a series on ? lol

Thank you for sharing your time and experience with these videos. I am an experienced Mazak lathe programmer and still enjoy watching. Now do you have a Mazak mill you can do a series on ? lol

I have never ran an acutal Mazak Mill before. The closest thing I have run to a Mazak mill is our new Integrex i-400S at work with the Smooth-X control, but no I can't do any videos at work.

Back