What's new
What's new

SPI 0-18” Digital Height Gage reading “Err” going up and down

_Kodak_

Plastic
As the title states. This problem happens when I crank the handle up at almost any speed, faster seems worse. I get Err and it will go away if I continue up or down. Does it sporadically doesn’t appear to be in the same spot. Any thoughts on DIY fix or how to verify what is causing it?

Thanks

My SPI calliper shows ERR when the battery is inserted awkwardly, so it could be a lose connection?

I may be wrong but does it show ERR-1 or ERR2, or just ERR? I think they have different meanings.

It may mean that there's some contamination on the surface that is "read" by the electronics. Usually, a good wipedown with some alcohol will clean the oil/coolant/spooge, or whatever's on it.

My first question is "How old is it?"

Second question "When did it start doing that?"

I think 3-5 years old and started within the last few months

My SPI calliper shows ERR when the battery is inserted awkwardly, so it could be a lose connection?

I may be wrong but does it show ERR-1 or ERR2, or just ERR? I think they have different meanings.
just ERR

So if you go up/down really slow, it's okay?
It will still "ERR" but not as frequently.
It may mean that there's some contamination on the surface that is "read" by the electronics. Usually, a good wipedown with some alcohol will clean the oil/coolant/spooge, or whatever's on it.
I will try that again

Ok I’ve cleaned it with alcohol on both encoder and mag strip. I’m still getting Err code but now I notice the readout jumps to a random number at the same spot. Err seems to be way less now. still random on that part. Is it a heavy paper weight now? Can I buy a new mag strip?

Back