What's new
What's new

Suggestions for deep face grooving

cranny

Plastic
Forever we've been using a Kennametal modular blade (A3M50). They have recently discontinued these holders(tool holders and boring bars) and inserts. With that in mind, what do you recommend replacing this system with?

Forever we've been using a Kennametal modular blade (A3M50). They have recently discontinued these holders(tool holders and boring bars) and inserts. With that in mind, what do you recommend replacing this system with?

I'm not doing your research have you even looked at other brands to see what they offer?

I'm not asking you to do my research. We have looked into Sandvik's Coro-Cut, Iscar's Heliface, and Kennametals replacement product. Of these, we're leaning toward Iscar's but wanted to see what others use.

Like what do you call deep face grooving? - you know we're machinists and expect the odd number or two, …………………….. just so we can get a rough idea of what you're after.

INSTEAD OF BEING EXPECTED TO READ YOUR F'KN MIND.

Jesus, never mind. You two don't want to help with anything constructive. No, instead you wait for posts where you can insert a jab here or there thereby making you feel superior I guess. Who knows. I'm sure not interested in figuring out why as it might rub off. So have your fun with more of this thread or some other post you can find. Pathetic.

Jesus, never mind. You two don't want to help with anything constructive. Pathetic.

We are unable to help since you give us nothing to go on! The ONLY thing you say is deep grooving, how the fuck are we supposed to know how deep, what material or machine you have?
What may be deep to you might be small to others.
The world doesn't revolve around you, get over yourself.

Can't even start to answer the question if we don't know the rough size of your face groove! 1/4" od or 4" od- it makes a difference.

Lets see if we can all pull in our claws and move on!

Next.

We are unable to help since you give us nothing to go on! The ONLY thing you say is deep grooving, how the fuck are we supposed to know how deep, what material or machine you have?
What may be deep to you might be small to others.
The world doesn't revolve around you, get over yourself.
Apparently the OP wanted us to look up the listed tool, and then make recommendations for a substitute.

Which is what a TOOLING SALEPERSON is supposed to doo.

Jesus, never mind. You two don't want to help with anything constructive. No, instead you wait for posts where you can insert a jab here or there thereby making you feel superior I guess. Who knows. I'm sure not interested in figuring out why as it might rub off. So have your fun with more of this thread or some other post you can find. Pathetic.

Another special snowflake. :rolleyes5:

Oh well, enough for a chuckle this afternoon.

Bollox sunshine, you have <> 30 posts so you know how the forum works, ….you were just too bone idle to furnish anything much more than I want.

As my Mother told me ;- I WANT DOESN'T GET.

I would suggest CoroCut QD. We happen to have a very very good relationship with our Sandvik rep, but I'm sure you could get what you need with Iscar. For me, when it comes to machining rare or difficult features, I would reach out to a tooling representative that you can trust to help you accomplish your goals.

In case no useful answer turns up think of how the old did it hundred years ago, they made simpler parts but some more frequent. Thus deep axial grooves can be achieved by assembling simple turn parts of different diameters. CNC thinking tends to make simple things complicated. Don’t do anything because you can, that is too close to idiocy.

Back