What's new
What's new

10L carriage Lock screw and plate

shelby987

Plastic
The new heavy 10 I bought does not have a carriage lock screw or plate. I have found several 9 and 10k and 14-1/2" + screws.....but the 10L doesn't seem to be as readily available.

Does anyone have a source for them, have one sitting around, or have a good print for them?

Because we can't attach .pdf files over ~75k, here is a picture of a pdf file of an H10 carriage lock (the original was made out of cast iron).

attachment.php

I don't know why those square head bolts are always missing from those lathes.

I finally made a form tool to machine the top, before milling it square, for one of
my lathes.

Is it possible to replace the bolt with out removing the saddle from the lathe? At some point the square head bolt was removed and replaced with a hex head bolt. I'd like to make a replacement bolt for it but I'm not willing to remove the saddle just to replace the bolt.

Is it possible to replace the bolt with out removing the saddle from the lathe? At some point the square head bolt was removed and replaced with a hex head bolt. I'd like to make a replacement bolt for it but I'm not willing to remove the saddle just to replace the bolt.

Yes. I think even the lock plate comes out the side, but it can stay in place if you are only changing the
bolt.

to save yourself a litte grief before you remove the bolt to replace it
slather a little high tack grease or some such to the bed/lock junction.

tighten old bolt, let the lock "stick" to the bed.

then genttly remove the old and replace with new.

Back