What's new
What's new

ww2 training films

1yesca

Stainless
i went to a city collage machine shop as a student for aprox. 32 years starting in 1979. we were shown 16 m/m ww2 training films [how to machine a key way ,turn a tapper , bore a hole ect, ect ] in about 2000 the school sent the films to a company that formatted [recorded]them on to vhs tapes my instructor was going to trow them away well being the pack rat i am i grabbed them i hate to see them just sit there . i should find a home for them. there are about 30 to 35 reels .

The military training manuals for shop machines are online for free. Maybe the videos are too. I know the Dewalt radial arm saws save the free world video was linked here about one year ago. Some of them are just a reprint of the civilian manual.
If you list the titles we can search the web to see if they are already online.
Bill D

US Army courses | Open Source Machine

YouTube

So cool! What about donating the reels to a museum or film archive?

-Kaitlyn

Thirty years ago the Berkeley film archives started to transfer film to video. I picked up a few film cans they threw out. Make great storage and step stools. Much better then a five gallon bucket.
Bill D

i did it to have accesses to the machine shop to make things i wanted to make they called us [there was about 8 of us] the hobby lobby i was there the longest it was a lot of fun it keep me out of the bars for if you go to bars its only a matter of time before you end up behind bar [never happened to me thanks to city collage ]and it keep me from setting in front of the tv

Back