What's new
What's new

WTB: drum switch

metalmagpie

Titanium
Looking for a drum switch to reverse a single-phase 3/4 hp 120VAC motor. Complete, no broken handles, dents or major paint spills.

The prices on ebay are ridiculous. Off the hinges.

metalmagpie

Thanks for the link. What do you suppose "Single Phase Only "Momentary" 1.5 HP @ 115V" means? I cut/pasted that directly from Zoro's page.

mm

Means the switch lever must be held in position for the motor to continue to run. Think old school elevator or a hoist. You most likely want a maintained switch.

Looking for a drum switch to reverse a single-phase 3/4 hp 120VAC motor. Complete, no broken handles, dents or major paint spills.

The prices on ebay are ridiculous. Off the hinges.

metalmagpie

I'm not sure where you are looking on eBay. I just looked now because I bought a couple maybe 6 months ago for less than $20 each.

Here is one for less than $12 shipped. Plenty others for about the same price. Rated at 60A! That should handle your requirements.

Drum Switch Forward/Off/Reverse Motor Control Rain-Proof Reversing 60A | eBay

Enjoy,

Jacques

I'm not sure where you are looking on eBay. I just looked now because I bought a couple maybe 6 months ago for less than $20 each.

Here is one for less than $12 shipped. Plenty others for about the same price. Rated at 60A! That should handle your requirements.

Drum Switch Forward/Off/Reverse Motor Control Rain-Proof Reversing 60A | eBay

Enjoy,

Jacques
Wow, that is cheap! The listing even claims they're UL certified. Did you happen to notice if there was a UL number on the one you bought?

Steve.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

You do realize those are made in China? What did you think of quality?

I bought several of those from amazon back when they were under $10.
They sit in a milk crate waiting to be used.... I have had the chance more than a dozen times... and I use any other option.

They do work. But for the stuff I put switches on they just arent right.

Here is proof

20201024_170934.jpg20201024_170943.jpg

Boy am I glad I google the allen bradely before making an offer. :)

If you are interested the alley bradley is NOS...
20 feet to the right of the pictures is a Southbend 9c in need of a 5" to 7" 3 jaw chuck...
If you dont have a chuck Ill bite the bullet and take money...

How about $75 shipped...
It does not have the covers for the conduit connections... so dust has invaded the internals.

What kills the switch is the arc from the inrush current, if you put a good on/off switch or a light switch in front of the drum switch and use it to turn the motor on and off and switch the drum switch before you turn the motor on they will last a lifetime...Phil

Did you find a drum swith yet /
Somewhere, I have a couple of NOS Dayton switches like this:
DAYTON Maintained Reversing Plastic Drum Switch, 2 Pole, NEMA Rating 1 - 2X440'|'2X440 - Grainger
I will keep one for a spare, but would be willing to sell one.
$20. plus what ever the freight would be to get it to you.
Should fit in a small Priority cube/box, maybe 1-1 1/2 lbs. from 01469.
Can send/post a photo of the actual switch once I dig it out.
CWC(4)

Still looking ... a good friend gave me a box with 3 old ones to try. They were all worn out to the point of not working. Bummer.

metalmagpie

Back