What's new
What's new

OT, how quick has life gone by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homebrewblob

Stainless
I was talking to the ole lady about how fast life has been passing by and we started talking about Nintendo (regular not SNES) and realized how fast the years actually go by. Anyone got anything to add? I just feel Extinct.

Speaking of Extinction the game was a early favorite! Anyone connect? I was born 1992 if that matters

yes - sometimes the math tells me the 80's were more than the 20 years ago that they seem.

I think I started to notice when I realized I had tee shirts that were older than the fresh crop of college new-hires coming in the door.

I was talking to the ole lady about how fast life has been passing by and we started talking about Nintendo (regular not SNES) and realized how fast the years actually go by. Anyone got anything to add? I just feel Extinct.

Speaking of Extinction the game was a early favorite! Anyone connect? I was born 1992 if that matters

Son, I have socks older than you are.

Matter of fact you are the same age as my oldest daughter, and I know for a fact that I have garments that pre-date her arrival.

When you get to be my age you will think a week is about 9.5 minutes long.

dee
;-D

Just read that OP was born in 1992. I got some bad news for you. .. It does not get better!

Some other ones:

You start to plan things 5+ years out. Like - in 5 years I'll do that project. 5 years was an eternity in my 20's.

I search for songs or artists on itunes and the autofill or even the top searches are people or songs I never heard of - my original from the 60's - 70's - 80's is way down the list.

I balk at my parents talking about 5 cent Hershey bars - but I still vividly remember when candy jumped from $0.20 to $0.25 every time I see the store wanting $1.39

I balk at my parents talking about 5 cent Hershey bars - but I still vividly remember when candy jumped from $0.20 to $0.25 every time I see the store wanting $1.39[/QUOTE]

I remember when Kit Kits were made in England and said " Roundtree ". Getting one was Christmas or birthday and they tasted much better than today. Dave

I've squandered so much life to have "material" things for my family. I changed jobs in 1998 to go to the big shop for better pay and benefits. I did 17 years on 2nd shift (3:30pm to 11:30pm) because of low seniority. Now I can pick my shift but time is running thinner.

Boy is long gone, basically have one year left with my daughter and technically she can leave home. I still beat myself up over if I did the right thing?

8 more and I can get out if I'm lucky? It seems to have went by pretty quickly, maybe that's because I worked through a lot of it.

Brent

Idk maybe it’s the mind altering chems but I just feel old now.

My youngest brother is fighting Leukemia while one of the older brothers fought heroin, the oldest lost his battle around 6 years or so ago.

The younger brother is in remission but at what cost, he has no joint tissue left really, one of the tenants at a building we work at referred to him as “the crippled one” and kinda killed me, he’s only 25.

How fast does this life pass?

Do we worry 5 years in advance, 10 years? 15years?

Alex Trubec passed.

Where do the days go?

Took a long time but I finally relate to the lyric “time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future”. What do you all do to slow down the time?

Stop counting time! Ignore it, live your dreams, dream big because reality says you only get 10% of a dream.

Thanks Dalmatiangirl, I try me best but lately with the company (I run against my will) and life and getting older while not getting where I hoped as well trying to help my brother I just am lost on Madagascar. Me and the ole lady started talking about stuff and it hit me!

A memory from when I was but 10 years old, a family friend talking about his ringing in the ears from rock concerts and siting next to the amplified speakers on stage 20 years ago (now probably close to 40).

I was curious if life seemed like it was flying by others like it does me?

Friday’s seem to come with increasing regularity now a days

Thanks Dalmatiangirl, I try me best but lately with the company (I run against my will) and life and getting older while not getting where I hoped as well trying to help my brother I just am lost on Madagascar. Me and the ole lady started talking about stuff and it hit me!

A memory from when I was but 10 years old, a family friend talking about his ringing in the ears from rock concerts and siting next to the amplified speakers on stage.

Friday’s seem to come with increasing regularity now a days

Its been a blur, but it was a lot of fun! Seems like yesterday I was 20, still see a fresh faced kid in the mirror, might not be what everyone else sees....

I think you are still pretty young, and I do remember some hard times about your age, shrug it off, 20-30 years from now you will laugh at your thoughts today. This will blow your mind, TV used to be in black and white only, and when you turned it on you actually had to wait for it to warm up before you saw a picture:eek:. Cheer up, when you are down there is only 1 way to go, up.

I built my first Personal Computer from parts. Komander Keen was the game and IRC was "social networking."

We kids "Played guns" And shooting someone meant that they had to lay on the ground where they "fell" for about 10 seconds ( a long time when you are 8 years old) Tonka trucks and Betty Boop .

1992? You got me by 40 years

I've got some things I'll likely never get to, Like that Datsun Roadster in the barn.....

Took a long time but I finally relate to the lyric “time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future”. What do you all do to slow down the time?

Pay attention! every moment!

The past is a canceled check, the future is a promissory note. The PRESENT is the only hard cash we have!! Pay attention!

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

or Eric Burdon "When I Was young"
The Animals "When I was Young" at DuckDuckGo

Oh yeah, and we used to have to beat our TV's into submission! Everyone knew where the sweet spot on their tv was, and I'm not talking a little tap, full on open handed swing with some anger, some times took 3 or more smacks to get the get the picture back. Its favorite trick was waiting till you sat down again then it would go on the fritz:angry:

I've got an old 260z in my to-do list, parked as a running vehicle about 1990 as no one would insure it with me as the driver:D

Whether you realize it or not, when you hit 32-33 you're in your true golden age, the 30's. Past the awkward, and most dumb ass learning experiences. Hitting near the peak of your wage. The confidence, the eyesight, your cock seems like its made from cast iron. . .:D

Your teens might be remembered fondly. But your 30's is where it all comes together. Savor this time, and don't burn money like your going to work cock strong for another 50 years. Save, invest, keep good credit and start working your finances for long term plans.

Oh yeah, and we used to have to beat our TV's into submission! Everyone knew where the sweet spot on their tv was, and I'm not talking a little tap, full on open handed swing with some anger, some times took 3 or more smacks to get the get the picture back.

1980-ish, Sundstrand OM-1 : PDP-11 control, separate console, video interface is a large box full of ic's. Quits talking. Call Sundstrand tech support (before we were a "service econoy" we got real service), Bill Corsin.

"On the control box, left side, back about a foot from the edge, about six inches up. Give it a big kick."

Ok.

Worked :)

Same machine left and went to Brooklyn. A few hours after the truck left I got a call from a truck stop. "Hey ! You said this was 25,000 lbs ! It's 32,000 !"

Oh. Sorry, that's what the manual said. Was a nice mill, when you weren't having to kick it. No problems with rigidity.

You're 28, Homebrew ? and bitching ? Jeeze. Oh to be young and diddling twice a day again .... take up a dangerous hobby and ignore all their stupid safety stuff. That'll get your motor running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back